+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans' Forum [September 2021]

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Is that Laddo at the front with the silver hair?
    No he's the one at the back with the nappy on

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We can't compete with Barrow in the transfer market and we were outbid in a big big way by Chesterfield.
    I interpreted this as suggesting those players were outside of the wage structure that we want to stick to. You don't get financial security by offering silly money.

Quote Originally Posted by ulaggypie View Post
    I interpreted this as suggesting those players were outside of the wage structure that we want to stick to. You don't get financial security by offering silly money.
    Exactly. Chesterfields tenure as a "money team" will be very short lived and if it doesn't work out they will be in the doo doo pretty quick. Rowe will be gone without the financial backing. Barrow are doing ok this season. Folks still need to remember one of the reasons why we ended up down here ( over spending on tripe time and time again).

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    There's a lot of questions from Bob Stains, surprised we've not heard from Mike Hunt yet!
    I was thinking similar. Maybe in the second part we'll get questions from R. Sole and P. Niss.

Is anyone else not getting sound through the video??

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Is anyone else not getting sound through the video??
    No all been good so far, have you pressed unmute on Youtube screen

Good event and some good questions.

Clearly IB is very committed to playing out from the back and I can see his logic that it draws teams on and creates space upfield. I can also see that controlling possession wears teams out and therefore we can become most dangerous in the later stages of games. However, the question must be whether the players at his disposal are talented/confident enough to play consistently this way at the pace required to catch teams out and generate energy from the crowd. I've seen it in spells this season, but at other times we've been far too pedestrian and the ball has been in our half for far too long. We're aiming to win this league or finish very high up, so it doesn't leave much room for experiment and inconsistency.

I don't expect him to play the way Neil Warnock or Sam Allardyce did, because clearly he's not that sort of manager, but I hope his ideology is sufficiently flexible not to put the players in a position where we are frequently exposing their weaknesses rather than playing to their strengths. The most successful managers generally tend to match their choice of tactics and playing style to the attributes of their squad, rather than imposing a formation and a way of playing that they don't feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by jackal2; 27-09-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks for the update Jackal.

Quote Originally Posted by ulaggypie View Post
    I thought that it wasn't just the financial part of the deal but living just 20 mins from the Barrow training ground as well

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I thought that it wasn't just the financial part of the deal but living just 20 mins from the Barrow training ground as well
    Barrow train and operate in Manchester

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast