+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any news on Traore yet

Any news on Traore yet

Anybody heard anything yet?

re: Any news on Traore yet

Still dragging on... - view external link

all that i know..

West Ham United will have to sweat it out until later this afternoon or even tomorrow morning before they know whether they have landed their number one striker target Lacina Traore on loan.

Manager Sam Allardyce was at the London work permit hearing over lunchtime pleading the 6ft 8in Monaco striker’s case as a special talent and why he should be allowed to join us.

Two sources at the club revealed independently that the likely outcome would be known in the morning with a remote chance they could hear before then.

We will continue to monitor the situation and bring you news as soon as it breaks from the club.

Meanwhile, SportsDirect News can confirm that talks into the possibility of taking Joleon Lescott from Manchester City with an option to buy at the end of the season are continuing.

The player’s wages are under discussion along with the club's need to get him in immediately whilst City want him to leave nearer the end of the transfer window.

i here that pellegrini says no

I hear that Kenwyne Jones is high on the radar if the permit's refused.

Update... - view external link

Quote Originally Posted by SwearryThierry53
    Update...
    "Looking Likely"... which means that the deal will probably fall through tomorrow !!

For me, the ideal scenario would be to bring in Traore and keep Carlty which will probably mean selling/loaning Maiga.

We know from past dealings that Allardyce doesn't like throwing in a new player straight away and what with Carroll not being fully fit, it would make sense to keep Cole.

But then what will both Cole and Traore be thinking now that Carroll is approaching fitness?? 3 months on the bench perhaps?
    This is the situation that Allardyce has landed himself in by so publicly stating SUCH reliance on Carroll.

We'll see !!

I think we all know that you cannot have too many.options in key positions. What with injuries, suspensions and the need for variation and competition within the squad. I also think it is a massive mistake for Allardice to refer to strikers as back up for Carroll. Rather that they will be picked on form and fitness levels.

By the time we get him he will have have grown to 6ft 9" !!

Just been looking at his games from the past 12 months. He's only completed 90 minutes TWICE since January last year. He started 3 other times but was subbed & came on as a sub 4 other occasions. This is for club & country *

Looks like it will take him a while to get match fit should we sign him.

* - according to ESPNFC.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)