+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Pogue

FAO Pogue

Pogue, I know your a bit older than myself, so where you a Jungle punter?

Watch this video.

If it doesn't get the hairs on your neck standing up then nothing will. - view external link

re: FAO Pogue

I stood in the Jungle in 1986. What an experience that was.

Quote Originally Posted by 1995_Oh_My_Sides_
    At the risk of sounding stupid, why?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy
    At the risk of sounding stupid, why?[/quote]

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life.

EDIT. Just googled it, it was 1987.

I've been in every area of that ground ( including the pitch ) apart from the jungle. Not a chance I would have entered that area

Quote Originally Posted by 1995_Oh_My_Sides_

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life. [/quote]

You daft bu gger!

Did you enjoy it? From what I've heard the Jungle could be a pretty scary place at times.

I've been enjoying vids of our trips to Tynecastle this morning. When we played rangers it was different, you had workmates and family on the opposite side, you didn't want to lose face.

But when we go to Hearts, it's just hatred. Pure, unadulterated hatred.

And I phucking love it.

- [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiRcMn_tgFk]view ex

Quote Originally Posted by bluek
    I've been in every area of that ground ( including the pitch ) apart from the jungle. Not a chance I would have entered that area
    We stood at the corner of the terracing and the jungle. My Rangers mate kept on whistling the sash in a couple of young boys ears in front of us. One of them turned around and said to him "dae that again and I'll go and tell ma da ya orange basturt".

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBhoy

Roy Aitken's testimonial v Man Utd. Three of us, only 14/15 at the time, had this brainwave to go to it. A Rangers fan, me and a guy with no interest in fitba. We tried to get in the Man Utd end with the worst Mancunian accents you've ever heard in your life. [/quote]

You daft bu gger!

Did you enjoy it? From what I've heard the Jungle could be a pretty scary place at times.

I've been enjoying vids of our trips to Tynecastle this morning. When we played rangers it was different, you had workmates and family on the opposite side, you didn't want to lose face.

But when we go to Hearts, it's just hatred. Pure, unadulterated hatred.

And I phucking love it.

[/qu

I used to go the Jungle , started going the Celtic end when I first went to games in 84 then after going in the Jungle 85 season went there all the time.

The Centenary season in the Jungle was something else

I've always said it on here, the hatred at Tynecastle is unmatched in any game in Britain. If we ever played chelsea in a competitive game it might come close, but until then...

People who have never been to the game won't realise just how venomous the atmosphere can get.

Feb 22nd is the next game, and I'm already on the hvnt for a ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)