+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Douglas Luiz

Douglas Luiz

See Aston Villa have to sell Douglas Luiz. Haven’t seen much of Villa is that like us selling Bruno?

Will they be able to spend a couple of hundred million now because of this sale?

Aye, 50 mill they are talking. Think Arsenal are sniffing about but I think they are quite limited wirh spending power. They need tp sell first. Something like the third highest wage bill in the league. Chelsea are higher but have many more players on their books. Man U in the same boat with abput 100 mill net budget and they need a shiitload. Some fans are even talking about bringing back Welbeck on a free ffs. Solanke, Toney, Sesko and our own Isak are on their wishlist.

Think Arsenal have a load of bench players on higher wedge than their starters like Jesus for example.

Meanwhile, Chelsea can do wjhat the fuck they like.

The whole thing is appalling but all the client journos are barely raising a murmur about it.

Feel free to shoot me down in this idea. I'm thinking out loud but I reckon we could get Nketiah for about 15 -20 mill going by their chat. Could EH work his magic with him as a back up to Isak to keep him on his toes? They seem to need a proven, experienced goal scorer to take them over the line.

Could something be done with a Wilson and cash swap? Both are sick notes I know but it could be a win win for all parties I think and Nketiah has a bit more youth on his side. Theres a player in there I reckon. Could maybe work or perhaps I've had too many Haribos tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Feel free to shoot me down in this idea. I'm thinking out loud but I reckon we could get Nketiah for about 15 -20 mill going by their chat. Could EH work his magic with him as a back up to Isak to keep him on his toes? They seem to need a proven, experienced goal scorer to take them over the line.

Could something be done with a Wilson and cash swap? Both are sick notes I know but it could be a win win for all parties I think and Nketiah has a bit more youth on his side. Theres a player in there I reckon. Could maybe work or perhaps I've had too many Haribos tonight.

When you look at the transfer market, swap deals generally don't happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVctUN1GFM

Also I don't see Arsenal being interested in a player who is not available for 50% of the season.

Eddie Nketiah record
    2017– Arsenal 116 (19)
    2019–2020 → Leeds United (loan) 17 (3)

Total - 133 games, 22 goals = 1 goal every 6.045 games.

The Solanke, DCL, Iheanacho fallacy that these guys are actually good strikers. They are not. Anyone who has a ratio worse than 1 in 3 you're talking about a player that is a passenger for a club with top 4 ambitions.

For comparison Wilson is a 1 in 2.45 game striker. So even when you double that ratio due to factor he's out for 50% of the season he's still a 1 in 4.90 striker. Which is still better than Nketiah by a ratio of 1.145 goals per game.

Over the course of a 38 game season that means:
    Wilson will score around 7.75 goals a season
    Nketiah will score around 6.28 goals a season

When you work out the numbers does anyone genuinely think it's worth the selling Wilson and paying Nketiah's agent and Arsenal a transfer fee to bring in a player who will return 1.5 less goals a season?

On the subject of the thread title. Douglas Luiz.

This is the perfect example of why the whole FFP/PSR situation is completely wrong.

They qualify for the UCL and still have to sell the most important midfielder.
    Only teams in the Prem who can afford him or would sign him are the Fraud 6.
    How is that good for competition?

When you earn 100% profit from academy players it makes it obvious that this whole structure is to benefit the fraudies.
    Why else would it benefit 'the other 14' to sell their academy products?'

Chelsea are using the loophole in reverse to balance their crazy spending along side selling club assets to themselves. Nothing dodge about that at all. Nothing to see here as it's a fraudie! We get £23m for Maxi and Spurs Chairman writes a letter to complain about it.

W**kers!

Anyway, here's hoping that City are successful in their arbitration case against Masters and his crooks.

Whilst I don't want a complete and utter free-for-all in spending terms, even though that is how Chelsea manager to become a more successful club than NUFC during the Abramovich era. They were nothing before his money. I do want to see the 3 year limit reflect reality.

Kieran McGuire is the most accurate man on all things football finance. He simply states that when FFP was brought in £105m in losses over 3 yrs was a good margin. However, due to inflation that amount should be around £265m in todays money.

So, let's just do that and we can all crack-on.

With regard the UEFA's rules. Next court case will be the European CAT court or sports arbitrage. Either way their 70% rule is not lawful and will be struck down.

Let's see what the outcome of the city case is and then we'll have a better understanding of where we are.

Villa shouldn't have to sell Luiz to Juventus gain access to compete with Juventus. If they are drawn in the same group that is exactly what they will have done.

An army selling it's general to the enemy before they go to battle.

Literally insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    When you look at the transfer market, swap deals generally don't happen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxVctUN1GFM

Also I don't see Arsenal being interested in a player who is not available for 50% of the season.

Eddie Nketiah record
    2017– Arsenal 116 (19)
    2019–2020 → Leeds United (loan) 17 (3)

Total - 133 games, 22 goals = 1 goal every 6.045 games.

The Solanke, DCL, Iheanacho fallacy that these guys are actually good strikers. They are not. Anyone who has a ratio worse than 1 in 3 you're talking about a player that is a passenger for a club with top 4 ambitions.

For comparison Wilson is a 1 in 2.45 game striker. So even when you double that ratio due to factor he's out for 50% of the season he's still a 1 in 4.90 striker. Which is still better than Nketiah by a ratio of 1.145 goals per game.

Over the course of a 38 game season that means:
    Wilson will score around 7.75 goals a season
    Nketiah will score around 6.28 goals a season

When you work out the numbers does anyone genuinely think it's worth the selling Wilson and paying Nketiah's agent and Arsenal a transfer fee to bring in a player who will return 1.5 less goals a season?
    Aye fair points

Its why I put it out there that maybe EH could improve the player. He is also a player who has struggled with injury himself and consistency but is younger and maybe he coulf be developed a bit.

Just a thought.

Although they are losing arguably their best player..

They are pushing for £50m plus McKennie and Iling-Junior from Juve..

McKennie I have doubts about but Iling-Junior is a decent prospect..

Then that £50m turns into around £150m to spend..

Big summer for Villa

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Aye fair points

Its why I put it out there that maybe EH could improve the player. He is also a player who has struggled with injury himself and consistency but is younger and maybe he coulf be developed a bit.

Just a thought.
    Yeah man, this is the forum to chew the fat.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...w-cut-29339292

Tammy Abraham would be a little more interesting.

Player 250 - Goals 100 = 1 in 2.5

His record for Villa was:
    Played 37 - Goals 25 = 1 in 1.48
    His record for AC Roma:
    Played 83 - Goals 26 = 1 in 3.19

So dunno if he's more suited to the Premier league or his role changed in Italy. However, he's apparently available for £25m and 26yrs old.

What I'd call elite but a defo better option than the Solankes, DCLs, Nketiah & Iheanachos of this world in my opinion.

Don't think we're even interested in him but might be an option as a 2nd choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)