+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only fan- power will get rid of Evans

Only fan- power will get rid of Evans

Tony Stewart will not be pulling the trigger on this one so we will have to suck it up.

I'm not sure that Evans is the real problem.
    Higher, higher........

The only way it would have worked, was by bringing in the "ambitious but brilliant one" to the club but we obviously TS didn't make an attractive offer to Alex to come.SE,with his coaching team is at least ten years behind time with his tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    The only way it would have worked, was by bringing in the "ambitious but brilliant one" to the club but we obviously TS didn't make an attractive offer to Alex to come.SE,with his coaching team is at least ten years behind time with his tactics.
    Why would that have made any difference? Unless I am mistaken, Stevenage have a point more than Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestCorner View Post
    Why would that have made any difference? Unless I am mistaken, Stevenage have a point more than Rotherham.
    Stevenage have played a game less, but that doesn’t fit in with your put downs.

The really worrying thing is that if TS decided to sack Evans he probably wouldn't have the first idea what to do next.
    He brought Evans in to re-ignite his interest in football and to be entertained. That's certainly not happening so far which must concern him. Didn't someone say he'd stormed out at half time on Saturday? If that's true he is back to where he was last season when he said he had considered selling up.
    Maybe that's the best thing that could happen always assuming there's someone out there who has the wherewithal to initially stabilise the club and then look to take it forward.
    It would certainly be good to get some fresh eyes and ideas on the board because at the moment we are just going round in ever-decreasing circles and the current incumbents seem incapable of stopping the decline.
    People will say "be careful what you wish for" but it feels like the TS era may have run its course.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    The really worrying thing is that if TS decided to sack Evans he probably wouldn't have the first idea what to do next.
    He brought Evans in to re-ignite his interest in football and to be entertained. That's certainly not happening so far which must concern him. Didn't someone say he'd stormed out at half time on Saturday? If that's true he is back to where he was last season when he said he had considered selling up.
    I thought he brought Evans in to get people to renew their season tickets? And it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I thought he brought Evans in to get people to renew their season tickets? And it worked.
    If that was correct, it would appear to be a very short term strategy and not very business like?
    Or the person making that decision was possibly mis-led?

If he’s thinking of selling up he needs the product to be attractive and that means a club near the top, not the bottom!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    If that was correct, it would appear to be a very short term strategy and not very business like?
    Or the person making that decision was possibly mis-led?
    Gainsbro, the club always seems to operate with "a very short term strategy."
    I defy anyone to describe anything that resembles even a medium term strategy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast