+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doth my eyes deceive me…

Doth my eyes deceive me…

17/9/24. Wisbech v Sleaford Town 4-1

21/9/24. Wisbech v Gresley Rovers. 5-1

The tide has turned Frank so get behind your boys,away to Newark next Saturday and I will try to get there

Gallante knight of Nottingham, doth thy forest cap fit the fen?
    That yellow sun and blue sky draws you to its green fields,
    Yo, that the Nottingham yields not as much.
    But grey, and grey and grey.

Holder of bow and arrow, and of sturdy sword to smite in disdain
    The enemy of the Nottingham castle, and forests, nay the County.
    And in so doing maketh the green fields, the wheat fields of the east a firmer boundary.
    From the snarling hog, with a breath of ashes.

May a ray of eastern sun shine upon though shield to blind thine enemy,
    And make victory among the forests a a festival, a coming together of the brave
    To again restore the happiness of such folk from the jaws of a demon.
    And the clanking of metal from far away a thing defeated despatched.

And in so doing that the fens march to the sound of freedom, a trumpet from a high tree
    To a gathering of hardy folk
    That cheer amongst the fallen before.
    That they regain their feet, strengthened, looking up not down, again into the battle return.

Ooooh that’s very good Frank,I enjoyed reading it much that I reread it agsin not long after,what’s it all about though?

I presume that you are now using your free time from watching football to reading the bard then and does it extend as far as Upstart Crow starting David Mitchell?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)