+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets discuss Blackburn

Lets discuss Blackburn

What is occurring there?

I mean its great that Venkys are still in charge and that they (Rovers) continue their downward trajectory but how is this happening?

How did they go from that to this?

Why are Venkys still there - what have they got to gain. What is their plan. I mean don't get me wrong , I think their business model is working magfkinificintly but what is their end game?

I haven't really though about it much till now but it is all a bit strange. Have they even tried to sell it?

I just cannot imagine what business paradigm they are following here Casper.

Things have got so bad they are now asking for voluntary redundancies amongst their staff.

Tax write off? Asset stripping? Hard to imagine or ascertain just WTF is actually going on. (It's good though!)

They are in safe hands !

it goes beyond the point where you enjoy, you then just start to wonder - what are they actually doing?

What is in it for them> - It is really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    it goes beyond the point where you enjoy, you then just start to wonder - what are they actually doing?

What is in it for them> - It is really strange.
    Who gives a phuck ! Let the demise continue..

From what I've been told by someone who knows someone, who knows someone etc, it appears they have no intention of selling, or at least it's never mentioned. The people running the club at Ewood have no idea what their intentions are, they're in the dark like everyone else, there's little or no communication.
    He also says Venky's come to London every month or so on business, book a raft of suites at a top hotel like the Ritz or Dorchester and charge it to BRFC.

Of course all the above may be bollox, I don't know, but nevertheless it's a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    What is occurring there?

I mean its great that Venkys are still in charge and that they (Rovers) continue their downward trajectory but how is this happening?

How did they go from that to this?

Why are Venkys still there - what have they got to gain. What is their plan. I mean don't get me wrong , I think their business model is working magfkinificintly but what is their end game?

I haven't really though about it much till now but it is all a bit strange. Have they even tried to sell it?
    Casper
    Thought we were discussing these things on here
    Some answers are on that thread. Like numbers of staff playing staff and salary reductions and more

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38198019

On earlier threads we looked at how successful Venkys business is in India really is. I believe BRFC losses are part of their accounts. It was said they had no idea when they bought the club they could be relegated and how they wanted to use Rovers as a springboard to the UK market.
    Will see if I can find it.
    It's definitely weird.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 02-08-2017 at 07:15 PM.

My understanding is that it is partly due to indian pride. They have been badly advised by numourous people agents etc in order to line thier own pockets.. The venkys will never admit defeat to save face thus resulting in bastids current situation.. I love the venkys.

Venkys share price
    Up from 300 to over 2000 in five years

Name:  IMG_0653.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  18.7 KB

Aah sorry OC forgot about that thread!!!

I was driving back from somewhere tonight with my eldest lad and they mentioned Porstmouth on Talksport so we then got talking about rovers plummet which prompted this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)