+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Haha. After I posted I thought. "I bet brin comes on and says he got it wrong from the start"..

Shame Rufc are not as consistent as you m8
    Not just me pal.......hundreds of us.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Out of interest brin. Where do you think MT got it wrong regards the Cardiff game?. Formation? players?
    You've answered it already pal...both! Since when has Fosu been a central mid player? Please don't say it worked against QPR, anybody could have played there QPR were that dire that day.

Odoffin again non existent going awol throughout the first half. He may well pop up with the odd goal but he hasn't as much bite and guile as Lindsay and even Taylor realised that after 30 odd minutes. Only then did he pull Fergie and put Fosu wide to attack and Lindsay made an immediate impact in the middle.

Ideal two in the middle for me are Basil and Jamie and unfortunately Basil hasn't been available however it doesn't excuse Taylor for not using the stronger player in Jamie from the get go.

Up front???? Birmingham one up front, didn't work, same line up bar Blackett for Hjelde against Preston, didn't work so what's he do against Cardiff??? Unbelievable Jeff he goes with the same set up with Hugill on his own, talk about fall on your sword it's almost as if he doesn't know how to change it. Hold that thought......when we went 2-0 down at Birmingham, ping! the light came on and he sent our big guns on up front and yes we did more than take the game to Birmingham.

You see he can alter things but, only after we go behind. Why can't he go with a solid two up font from the off and take it to the opposition? Is he scared to in case it fails? He seems brave enough to try it out if we start losing.

We all know Kelly cannot last the full 90 but at least give it a go if only for 60 minutes for him to be a big large menace that defenders hate the type of and Hugill may get more space to operate better towards goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    A coach all the way, much cheaper.
    Brin, I was talking to Breck after the "match", and as i thought we pick up the away teams expenses in situations like Saturday.

Not sure whether it's for Saturday or the re-arranged game( when ever).

No doubt ( I hope) we are insured for things like this..................don't hold your breath though eh?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Brin, I was talking to Breck after the "match", and as i thought we pick up the away teams expenses in situations like Saturday.

No doubt ( I hope) we are insured for things like this..................don't hold your breath though eh?
    So our club sanctioned for them to fly and take a coach ride up? No wonder Big Tony can't afford that £2 Million forrud we've always dreamt about

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post

The typical insurance policy small print stating not covered by an 'act of God' may apply in this case,other than 'Others' proving that God,indeed,is a Miller! In any case,even if the Club did have to pay out for Cardiff's return travel expenses I wouldn't imagine in the greater scheme of things that TS would be that bothered considering we get another go at a game that up until half time we were absolutely shocking in. Why are the media trying to make something out of a situation that has happened many times before? This is the world we live in now.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 20-03-2023 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The typical insurance policy small print stating not covered by an 'act of God' may apply in this case,other than 'Others' proving that God,indeed,is a Miller! In any case,even if the Club did have to pay out for Cardiff's return travel expenses I wouldn't imagine in the greater scheme of things that TS would be that bothered considering we get another go at a game that up until half time we were absolutely shocking in. Why are the media trying to make something out of a situation that has happened many times before? This is the world we live in now.
    I think it's called an Act of Nature these days in case someone gets offended because nobody can be sure whose God actually caused the problem.

Match expenses for the away team must be fair and reasonable and cannot be excessive so they can’t claim for anything they like.
    If they managed to get reasonably priced seats on an scheduled aircraft that were comparable to hiring a coach for two days then fair enough

However if They chartered their own aircraft at great expense then perhaps they will only claim an amount equivalent to a coach trip plus hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not just me pal.......hundreds of us.

Who would you take out of the team to play an extra striker.?
    Fosu? - Coventry? Odoffin? or some other player.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think it's called an Act of Nature these days in case someone gets offended because nobody can be sure whose God actually caused the problem.
    From some sort of insurance website.

"Generally speaking, an act of God includes acts of nature only. Force majeure, meanwhile, includes both acts of nature and extraordinary circumstances due to human intervention. Examples of force majeure include an outbreak of a contagious disease, government lockdowns, or war."

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Who would you take out of the team to play an extra striker.?
    Fosu? - Coventry? Odoffin? or some other player.

Fosu but still need 3 in midfield.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast