+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grimsby Fans in Home Ends

Grimsby Fans in Home Ends

Seeing a lot of Grimsby chatter on Twitter about getting tickets in the home ends, the Family Stand in particular. Quite a few are openly revelling in it.

While I don't doubt there is a fair bit of exaggeration over Grimsby Town's 'massive' following, surely the club can't ignore open disregard for their ticketing policy. Given some of them are being so open about it I'd hope the club and Notts police are looking at Twitter as well as ticket purchase records for anything suspicious and taking action to stop it, and that stewarding is prepared on the night. Would be a terrible shame if the night is marred by crowd trouble.

https://twitter.com/Karenhu56806368/...00790140588034
    Last edited by SlockyNCFC; 18-05-2022 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Link

Simple solution, anyone not with a child in the family stand is refused entry?

Notts closed down the new registration option to buy tickets when they went on general sale, so I shouldn't worry about their fans in home areas

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Notts closed down the new registration option to buy tickets when they went on general sale, so I shouldn't worry about their fans in home areas
    Seems a shame to turn away possible new fans to save the risk of people hitting each because they support a different football team.

I stopped wanting to fight at the football when I was about 15, regardless of whether opposition fans were sitting in a different stand or in the seat next to me.

To be fair if Notts were away and my only option was to sit in the home stand, I’d do it!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    To be fair if Notts were away and my only option was to sit in the home stand, I’d do it!
    Me too, and I know it's next to the away section but the last place I would choose is the Family Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Simple solution, anyone not with a child in the family stand is refused entry?
    There are a few Notts fans who choose to continue sitting in the family stand, even though they don't have a child with them anymore.

BFP, genuine non political question, was your last post on this thread genuine or sarcastic.
    Mercifully I never felt the need to fight anyone at a football match or any other situation in life.

Just heard on the radio that the Scottish FA are considering stadium closures as punishment for pitch invasions.

What happens if you've got away fans in the home stands kick starting one?

It is getting silly now though, it's not an absolute necessity to have people on the pitch to be able to enjoy the total winning experience. I get it, but I think we could lose this spectacle without causing any great damage to the game as spectator entertainment. Not sure closing stadiums is the answer, but I'd struggle to come up with an alternate solution other than more stewards and police.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Unless anyone is already a registered supporter they will be unable to buy a ticket either online or over the phone.
    They have to go down to Meadow Lane beforehand with proof of address to buy a ticket.

OK this will stop Grimsby fans getting in but will also stop any Notts fan who is not registered or any casual fan who fancies going.
    This does nothing to build the fan base. In fact it will probably P155 them off.

I think I am going to downgrade my attendance prediction to 9500.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast