+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic take the points; Motherwell take comfort

Celtic take the points; Motherwell take comfort

It looked like a hiding was on the cards early on but we produced some decent attacking play to salvage some pride. There have been many poorer displays at Parkhead. - view external link

re: Celtic take the points; Motherwell take comfort

Nae comfort in watching that big tit between the posts ,FFS lets get a real keeper in

No points, no goals, hardly an attempt at their goal, no belief that they were going to take anything from the game - where is the comfort in that? It's time they showed some self respect and some respect in the club and the fans that pay their wages. Sorry - no comfort here!!!!

Don't agree. We played some nice stuff at times and made a few decent chances. I never though we were going to take anything from a team that is streets ahead but looked positive anytime we had possession.

Not a great result but the other scores mean we've basically emerged unharmed. Our recent run more than earned us a freebie, let's just hope we can pick again next week.

Come on Jwok it doesn't take world class players to beat Celtic - just some players willing to stand up and be counted and go above and beyond. We need the experienced players to stand up and be leaders in these games and they are just not doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Not a great result but the other scores mean we've basically emerged unharmed. Our recent run more than earned us a freebie, let's just hope we can pick again next week.
    Totally agree but can everyone please steer clear of the "excuse button" for another dire result in glasgow.

Over a 38 game season we're always going to have bad performances, if you could guarantee me four of them would come against Celtic and not our rivals I'd happily take it every time.

We showed after the 0-5 we're capable of putting something like this behind us, don't see why we won't again. Though I think it may be the game after next rather than Aberdeen next week, I don't fancy that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil
    Over a 38 game season we're always going to have bad performances, if you could guarantee me four of them would come against Celtic and not our rivals I'd happily take it every time.

We showed after the 0-5 we're capable of putting something like this behind us, don't see why we won't again. Though I think it may be the game after next rather than Aberdeen next week, I don't fancy that at all.
    You have a point but the occasional performance in glasgow isnt asking too much. All this p1sh about they are this , they are that and we cant compete. Well that gulf has always been there and we used to be able to got to parkhead and turn them over with teams that had a bigger gulf between them than there is now. In the late 80's early 90's we went a 5/6 year period against Celtic when they beat us about 3 times in 15 games. I accept that was exceptional but to not have recorded a goal at parkhead in 3 years says it all. Our tactics

I've just watched the game on MFC TV and my observations of the admittedly limited highlights are:

1st goal: not a great save by Neilsen, but the original culprit is Stevie Hammell who launches an aimless high ball for Faddy to win with the inevitable consequences.

2nd goal: lack of cover by Keith Lasley or Stuart Carswell. Probably a penalty but Stokes goes down very late. Neilsen not to blame.

3rd goal: ZFA has gone AWOL making it an easy cross for the Celtic attacker. McManus seemingly makes a hash of the clearance leaving Neilsen with no chance.

Overall, the performance was better than some recent ones at Parkhead. Full backs played too far infield and central midfield sat too deep and in doing so failed to shield the defence. Celtic can shoot on sight. Encouraging that we had so many shots on goal (especially Vigurs) but most lacked conviction and failed to trouble their keeper.

Anyone blaming Neilsen for the goals is totally off the mark given the shocking protec

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)