+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Torquay 12.06.21 [NL Playoffs]

Ardley was to blame for the events that lead notts being in this position , looking forward with optimism to next season, and seeing what IB delivers over a full season, without starting behind the top 3 or 4 teams

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I think there is a tremendous amount of credit that has to be given to IB to turn around a side lacking in confidence and under performing squad that initially got worse when he arrived but in which he managed to transform in the last nine games of the season into one that looked capable of beating anyone at this level on our day. He has made us what Notts County in the National League should be a team that is attack minded and goes out to win games and play good football.

Would we have got this far or further under Neal Ardley? Maybe so, maybe not but one thing bringing IB in when the club did he has had three months to assess the squad and thus puts us in a far better position going forward than if today for example had been Neal Ardley's last game. IB knows how he want's to play, who he will want with him going forward, and who he needs to bring in.

I think it's now time to draw a line under the past two years and see it as a transitional settling and re-building period. As I mentioned before Luton spent five seasons at this level before bouncing back, we will now spend at least three seasons at this level, but there are things to be positive about.
    Good points. COYP 21-22.

We missed JOB today and our attacking options were limited with only Knowles on the bench.

Crap referee, what is it about play-off refs?

Set pieces and counter attacks. We learnt nothing from the Chesterfield game. I thought when we levelled it up at 2-2 we’d go on to win easily, but we dropped off.

Massive work to do on the squad in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    Crap referee, what is it about play-off refs?
    Play offs are crap mate, we have been in 6 now, and only won 2

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Set pieces and counter attacks. We learnt nothing from the Chesterfield game. I thought when we levelled it up at 2-2 we’d go on to win easily, but we dropped off.

Massive work to do on the squad in the next few weeks.
    Semi agree. The squad is not good enough but our best 11 is. That’s football. We have missed our most prized asset in Roberts and arguably our best CB in Lacey for too long this season.
    The bench today was disgusting and it was telling that our quality disappeared with every substitution. Torquay must be laughing that their best player was Jordan Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Play offs are crap mate, we have been in 6 now, and only won 2
    Yep, and think the previous manager never targeted auto this season - next season the expectation in terms of recruitment and mentality has got to be go for automatic promotion. I believe Notts under IB and with the Reedtz's backing, can and will

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Semi agree. The squad is not good enough but our best 11 is. That’s football. We have missed our most prized asset in Roberts and arguably our best CB in Lacey for too long this season.
    The bench today was disgusting and it was telling that our quality disappeared with every substitution. Torquay must be laughing that their best player was Jordan Bennett.
    Who the heck is Jordan bennett?

In the wake of a horrible defeat, I must say I'm pretty optimistic. We shouldn't feel too hard done by. IB has turned us from an average team in to a dangerous team. I'm confident they will get the recruitment right.

Like I said before, the fine margins have cost us the game ultimately but was always going to be tight. Defensively we could have been better, but that's what happens when you want to play 'football'.

I understand the frustration at the ref as it was defo not a pen, but let's try not to let that dominate our thoughts. Overall, we just weren't quite good enough and we had gone as far as we could.

Needs to be a good summer of recruitment.

If possible we keep:
    Slocombe
    Dion
    MIller
    Ellis
    Chick
    Rawlo
    Reeves
    Rodders
    Wooton
    Cal
    Lewis Knight

We have conceded too many goals week in week out and so many of them as we all know are basic crosses coming into the box not being dealt with and today is no different. Defensively we have gone backwards this season for sure. No point scoring more goals if you let as many in as we do

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast