+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are election polls being used to manipulate the vote

Are election polls being used to manipulate the vote

Have ever been asked your vieiws in one of these polls ?
    We are told day after day Labour will win , is this brainwashing and does it sway you in the way you are voting .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    We are told day after day Labour will win , is this brainwashing and does it sway you in the way you are voting .
    I think you’re absolutely spot on mate. It’s not just the polls.. the mainstream media seem to have unusually become anti tory all of a sudden. All you see are negative headlines for tories.. not that they don’t deserve it but for balance, it’s not right. Also there seems to be a disproportionate coverage of Reform party purely because they knew he’s click bait. Surely lib dem’s should be getting a mention over them?

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I never have and I don't know anyone who ever has. Mind you I have often wondered about these polls for years. Thhey use to be done by people who would stop you in the street. Then by phone only. Now by email , I think.
    But would never give much thought to the results.
    Over here we just had country wide local enections ans Sinn Fein were polling around 30% of electorate in the months and weeks leading into them. They had started to fall in the months before the elections.
    They got 12% in the elections.
    I guess if they are carried out correctly, do people just tell them anything?

It’s an interesting thought.

Rather than swinging people’s vote choice I do think the media bashing of the Tory’s and the protestations of doom have the effect of keeping their regular voter at home on election day.

Many of us are overwhelmed with sheer apathy.

Anyone swayed which way to vote by an opinion poll really ought to consider withdrawing themselves from the electoral register once they've vowed never to darken the door of a polling station again.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Anyone swayed which way to vote by an opinion poll really ought to consider withdrawing themselves from the electoral register once they've vowed never to darken the door of a polling station again.

On the basis all political parties tell complete lies you can understand why someone could be swayed by a manifesto even if it may be a dream

Some slate Farage but clearly he’s telling the majority what they want to hear!

Personally I can’t even be bothered with illegals coming in now even if records are broken this year. They will never come to my town and I don’t holiday in the U.K. so I won’t ever see them. Selfish - yes but no different to those who ignore the problem so who gives a flying f uck!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    On the basis all political parties tell complete lies you can understand why someone could be swayed by a manifesto even if it may be a dream

Some slate Farage but clearly he’s telling the majority what they want to hear!

Personally I can’t even be bothered with illegals coming in now even if records are broken this year. They will never come to my town and I don’t holiday in the U.K. so I won’t ever see them. Selfish - yes but no different to those who ignore the problem so who gives a flying f uck!
    Such a charitable and selfless attitude AL.

I take it you don’t volunteer at the local soup kitchen!?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Such a charitable and selfless attitude AL.

I take it you don’t volunteer at the local soup kitchen!?

I know! Not many others give a f uck so why should I? They can come in on ships for all I care as long as I won’t see them! They will just make the s hit tips bigger s hit tips!

Actually I do quite a bit for charity but helping the elderly and our own folk!

What a voting choice in Leicester East, strewth

Independent - Malihah Adam
    Independent - Nagarjun Agath
    Labour - Rajesh Agrawal
    Liberal Democrats - Zuffar Haq
    Green - Mags Lewis
    Independent - Khandu Patel
    Conservative - Shivani Raja
    Reform UK - Raj Solanki
    One Leicester - Keith Vaz
    Independent - Claudia Webbel

Are general elections being used to manipulate the public!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)