+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reight then ........ team for Bornmuff

Reight then ........ team for Bornmuff

.............. Walton

........ Sol - Helik - Aapo

Brittain - Styles - Kane - Williams (hopefully)

.... Schmidt - Victor - Thomas

Schmidt - because there must be someone somewhere at the club that can actually shoot at the goal and hit the chuffing target.
    Aapo - because Mads is inconsistent. And Aapo has a goal in him.
    Thomas - because he can cause real panic when he runs at defenders.

Thats one right out of left field Nudger.

Dont forget this lot we are playing on Friday are straight out of the premier league. I think we should play all the experience we have (which isnt that much) so Mowatt, Woodrow and especially James should play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thats one right out of left field Nudger.

Dont forget this lot we are playing on Friday are straight out of the premier league. I think we should play all the experience we have (which isnt that much) so Mowatt, Woodrow and especially James should play for me.
    Fair comment.
    But I think Mowatt and James are less effective than Styles and Kane.
    As for Woodrow - as Bassett would say - he couldn’t hit a cow’s a@se with a banjo.
    Unless it’s a penalty of course - so why include him?
    Woodrow isn’t giving us anything and hasn’t done for weeks - problem we have is there’s not much alternative to choose from in the squad.
    I’d start Schmidt and see how he goes.

Kane did not have a good game Tuesday and Mowat is not up to it has to be James/Styles.

Nudger, Woodrow got himself into two goalscoring positions but fluffed his attempts, he wont miss them all. Hes been our leading goalscorer for 2 seasons so hes got the pedigree and this season hes leading on assists, thats why I would select him.

I dont think Kane stood out against Brum, thats the first time Ive seen him and all I can use to judge him and we need Styles to play left wing back in this system because hes more effective than the alternative who is Odour.

Its all about opinions, funny how we all come to different conclusions.

What about Palmer to replace Mowatt in the centre?

Woodrow is our main goal threat and a quality championship striker. His movement is excellent and he works as hard as anybody in our team. Only a matter of time afooar goals start coming from open play. Why the hell tha'd want to drop him Nudger and replace him wi Schmidt who brings very little to the table is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Woodrow is our main goal threat and a quality championship striker. His movement is excellent and he works as hard as anybody in our team. Only a matter of time afooar goals start coming from open play. Why the hell tha'd want to drop him Nudger and replace him wi Schmidt who brings very little to the table is anyone's guess.
    The reason being - he’s given chance after chance to score - but very rarely hits the target.
    Our strikers are just not scoring - even tho they are given dozens of chances to score eg 23 shots against Blackburn but only one goal.
    Scored by a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The reason being - he’s given chance after chance to score - but very rarely hits the target.
    Our strikers are just not scoring - even tho they are given dozens of chances to score eg 23 shots against Blackburn but only one goal.
    Scored by a midfielder.
    A tek thi point Nudger but what I'm looking for is what the strikers bring to our team. It's not simply only a matter of goals wi strikers, there's more to it than that. Our strikers are working tremendously hard defending from the front and they're actually creating these chances. Ad be a shyte sight more worried if we weren't creating owt at all.

I'm afraid Schmidt didn't display anything like what is the standard required when he started against Cardiff. Feeble performance by him but to be fair the whole team were off it that night. On the other hand, Victor came in on Tuesday fo his first start and showed what tekkin thi chance is all abart. Victor starts on friday fo me.

Woodrow's lookin sharp to me. He's slowly getting his mojo back after Struber ballaxed up his confidence by playing him far too deep. He's taking his shots early and getting into some great positions. A guarantee he'll start hitting the net soon. He's too good not to.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A tek thi point Nudger but what I'm looking for is what the strikers bring to our team. It's not simply only a matter of goals wi strikers, there's more to it than that. Our strikers are working tremendously hard defending from the front and they're actually creating these chances. Ad be a shyte sight more worried if we weren't creating owt at all.

I'm afraid Schmidt didn't display anything like what is the standard required when he started against Cardiff. Feeble performance by him but to be fair the whole team were off it that night. On the other hand, Victor came in on Tuesday fo his first start and showed what tekkin thi chance is all abart. Victor starts on friday fo me.

Woodrow's lookin sharp to me. He's slowly getting his mojo back after Struber ballaxed up his confidence by playing him far too deep. He's taking his shots early and getting into some great positions. A guarantee he'll start hitting the net soon. He's too good not to.
    I hope tha reight cocker.

Am glad thanot pickin teeum Nudge , a dunt think tha sees wat Woodrow / Freiser bring tu arr game plan , look at assists thuv done , thi owd mates revel in nockin player's , hope thar not gerrin same

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast