+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee United - Championship winners 2019/20

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I know emotions are running high right now with this nonsense but they're just 'at it'. Given time, they're going to regret the last few hours shenanigans in the same way that they now look ridiculous with the 'Doon' Derby nonsense In other words, as per, its all about 'getting it right up the DABS'. Their own team has done nothing of note for TWO generations now, so they have been reduced to pish like this, despite yes, even our own recent ridiculous efforts before this season that is. Rise above it guys, its wee team mentality. Pure and simples.
    Edit to add - they’ve also just alienated pretty well all the other Clubs in Scottish Football who are in imminent need of cash right now. Well done Funster F.C.

The Fun:
    Thought they had voted but hadn't.

Just need one of the NO-voting clubs in the Championship to change their position within the 28 day period to progress this and render the Fun position an irrelevance. Come on SPFL, talk to Thistle about reconstruction.

The spfl can quite easily pay out the money on league placings as it stands nothing stopping them. This deal was railroaded through with knowledge ckubs needed cash. I dont know the ideal scenario but regardless of this, hearts would have taken this further. You could not relegate partick and stranraer and save hearts. A blind man can see celtic, dundee utd and cove would win the leagues but what of league 1?
    No easy way out but no real need for spfl to withold cash. Cant really blame my club for no fancying it as it moves the rules and gives us no chance of play off.

I think it's fairly obvious to all concerned there isn't going to be time to play out the remainder of the season without disrupting next. The timing of the change of broadcaster is unfortunate but it appears to be forcing the SPFL's hand here in that there needs to be minimum disruption for this.

Given this is all happening during (so far) season 2019/20 it does seems reasonable to try and limit the effects to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Those feckers need money like abody else, but if they think by voting no, they keep us in the league, and guarantee big crowds at the dump, they can think again. I will never set foot in Dense again, as will most Arabs if this is voted through, and those dumb feckers will lose more revenue, than if Jam Tarts were relegated and given the option of visiting!
    this isn all very hun-esque i've always enjoyed going to dens, love a Derry fire drill

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Edit to add - they’ve also just alienated pretty well all the other Clubs in Scottish Football who are in imminent need of cash right now. Well done Funster F.C.
    thats the big thing, thats the reason so many teams voted within the 5pm timeframe, teams are desperate for cash.

So what exactly are Dundee trying to achieve with this?

Clearly they want to prevent us winning the championship, however, are they proposing a null and void season or League reconstruction?

A lot of clubs desperate for money are being prevented this lifelne by the fact that Dundee have withheld their vote

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    The spfl can quite easily pay out the money on league placings as it stands nothing stopping them. This deal was railroaded through with knowledge ckubs needed cash. I dont know the ideal scenario but regardless of this, hearts would have taken this further. You could not relegate partick and stranraer and save hearts. A blind man can see celtic, dundee utd and cove would win the leagues but what of league 1?
    No easy way out but no real need for spfl to withold cash. Cant really blame my club for no fancying it as it moves the rules and gives us no chance of play off.
    this just shows why the SFA have no bottle, no bottle to make a decision, was always easier for them to say 'ah well it was voted on'

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's fairly obvious to all concerned there isn't going to be time to play out the remainder of the season without disrupting next. The timing of the change of broadcaster is unfortunate but it appears to be forcing the SPFL's hand here in that there needs to be minimum disruption for this.

Given this is all happening during (so far) season 2019/20 it does seems reasonable to try and limit the effects to this one.
    defo not enough time, as i argued the other day, why should next season be impacted by this one. End the leagues now and prepare for next season

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)