Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
I wish Sub, it was a draw, the replay's at Radcliffe on Wednesday. We're in trouble I think, they are a decent outfit, way above NW Counties, and we'll be struggling to get 11 fit players on the field. What do you think of your chances after Saturday ?
sinkov, old age setting in! I was thinking of your game at Ramsbottom doh! Yes I see that you have a replay against Bury and wish you luck with that, although you don't sound very hopeful.
We had three key players missing on Saturday and it affected out game with too many long balls played to nobody in particular. Having said that, we were marginally the better side in a very scrappy first half but neither side created much. The second half was marginally better but they took the lead against the run of play when we let them get a cross in which was well put away by their skipper. We equalised within two minutes and then took the lead with 20 minutes to go. It then became end to end with them striving for an equaliser and we were unlucky with a breakaway when we hit the bar and the ball rebounded to the keeper. They equalised just 5 minutes from time, which was probably deserved as they had just hit the post with a 30 yard thunderbolt.
We still have players missing tomorrow and I shall be unable to attend because of a prior engagement but I reckon that we have a good chance and are expecting a crowd of over 1000 who will mainly be very partisan. The crowd on Saturday was 449 and just over half of those had travelled from up here, me included.