+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The spawn of Baldrick

The spawn of Baldrick

I look around at what's going on in the world today and at the leaders of so many countries and find it hard to disagree with Jarvis Cocker's assertation that "c unts are still running the world".

But I also have another theory. This is based on the decision making -and the consequences of those decisions- that I'm increasingly finding across a whole range of sectors-local government, schools, businesses etc. I am now convinced that Blackadder's side kick has fathered shed loads of young men and women (and possibly also those who are unsure of their gender) who have now all found themselves in some position of power within local councils or government departments or businesses. Everywhere really. And they have all had a cunning plan that they have implemented. That doesn't work.

Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I look around at what's going on in the world today and at the leaders of so many countries and find it hard to disagree with Jarvis Cocker's assertation that "c unts are still running the world".

But I also have another theory. This is based on the decision making -and the consequences of those decisions- that I'm increasingly finding across a whole range of sectors-local government, schools, businesses etc. I am now convinced that Blackadder's side kick has fathered shed loads of young men and women (and possibly also those who are unsure of their gender) who have now all found themselves in some position of power within local councils or government departments or businesses. Everywhere really. And they have all had a cunning plan that they have implemented. That doesn't work.

Or is it just me?
    I don't think it's the ordinary Baldrick's of this world that have fcked it up. It is the power hungry corrupt egomaniacs that have done it. All down through history. Weather religious orders or royal dynasties or Genghis Khan hordes.
    The Baldrick's are always consumed with trying to make ends meet. No time for cunning plans.

For Baldricks read cockroaches in human form.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I don't think it's the ordinary Baldrick's of this world that have fcked it up. It is the power hungry corrupt egomaniacs that have done it. All down through history. Weather religious orders or royal dynasties or Genghis Khan hordes.
    The Baldrick's are always consumed with trying to make ends meet. No time for cunning plans.
    Quite right about the Baldrick's not being responsible for all the big things going wrong in the world Dubs as they're only the little people. Just meant that I increasingly find that they have managed to get themselves into positions of limited power and that within that limited scope the consequences of their cunning plans can still be felt. Individually these may be an irritant but the cumulative impact is turning me into Victor Meldrew 😁

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)