+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benson and Zaroury.

Benson and Zaroury.

Vinni was asked in his Presser whether he thought Benson and Zaroury might be disappointed with the lack of opportunity they got this season. He didn't seem to have much sympathy for them, I can't remember his exact words but basically his response was, 'They're professional footballers, they should just get on with it.'

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Vinni was asked in his Presser whether he thought Benson and Zaroury might be disappointed with the lack of opportunity they got this season. He didn't seem to have much sympathy for them, I can't remember his exact words but basically his response was, 'They're professional footballers, they should just get on with it.'
    There was a lot more said than that, about looking after them, the love and care the club have towards them, and they need to learn from the experience and that they are ready to go again, but perhaps you didn't read those bits

Anass has been a disappointment at Hull by all accounts & Benny has not been given a sniff.

Word is we have just spunked £20,000,000 on Mike Tresor and I now have to regurgitate sinkov's question from last week, "Do the suits and our manager seriously know what they are doing?"

I conclude the answer is a "Big Fat No".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Anass has been a disappointment at Hull by all accounts & Benny has not been given a sniff.

Word is we have just spunked £20,000,000 on Mike Tresor and I now have to regurgitate sinkov's question from last week, "Do the suits and our manager seriously know what they are doing?"

I conclude the answer is a "Big Fat No".
    Nowhere near 20m

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    Nowhere near 20m
    Having watched him make 5 appearances any fee is too much for my liking.

Apologies! We have "only" spunked £14 million on Mike Tresor, the winger who joined Burnley on loan from Genk, has now made his move permanent. The Clarets activated a buy clause in his loan deal, securing his services for the long term. According to reports, this clause stipulated that Burnley would complete the full purchase of the player if he featured in five Premier League matches. Tresor recently hit this threshold, having made five appearances in the top flight, albeit with only two starts. Burnley will pay Genk €16 million (£13.9 million) for the 24-year-old winger at the conclusion of the 2023-24 season. Jesus f*cking wept!

Apologies! We have "only" spunked £14 million on Mike Tresor, the winger who joined Burnley on loan from Genk, has now made his move permanent. The Clarets activated a buy clause in his loan deal, securing his services for the long term. According to reports, this clause stipulated that Burnley would complete the full purchase of the player if he featured in five Premier League matches. Tresor recently hit this threshold, having made five appearances in the top flight, albeit with only two starts. Burnley will pay Genk €16 million (£13.9 million) for the 24-year-old winger at the conclusion of the 2023-24 season. Jesus f*cking wept!
    Seems to be a common problem amongst some fans, to inflate the purchase price in order to justify their criticism of said player.

i believe we tried to negotiate our way out of completing the purchase but Genk weren't having it. So we're lumbered with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive pete View Post
    There was a lot more said than that, about looking after them, the love and care the club have towards them, and they need to learn from the experience and that they are ready to go again, but perhaps you didn't read those bits
    I think you need to read it again, although I actually listened to it, in reference to the question about Zaroury and Benson nowhere does he say they are ready to go again. This is what he actually said,

"It's life, learn from what you've gone through and be better, fairly simple. There's so much love and care for all these players, we generally care about our players, you go through a tough time, you go through good times, and basically get on with itand we'll help you, but get on with it, because that way you know the good times will be there again."

Which is more or less how I paraphrased it, is it not ? (They're professional footballers, they should just get on with it.)

BT, are you serious that we have splurged £14m on Mike Tresor?Because if we have then there are serious problems at the club.Of the £100m spent i am sure we could not recover £50m if we have to sell those players.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 19-05-2024 at 04:00 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)