+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Oxford United v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Oxford United v The Millers

There are 3 teams that have won four of their last five matches and drawn the other. They are Portsmouth, Oxford and The Millers meaning todays match won't be an easy one.

Playing form teams is usually a reason for putting in a performance for the Millers, it always has done ever since I was a lad anyway. We have seemed to have had the knack of beating teams higher up in the table whilst at the same time we've been beaten by teams we really should have done better against.

It isn't happening this season however. The professionalism of the squad, the will to win and the deapth and tallent that we have is something that we haven't seen for many a year. In fact they have surpassed the previous unbeaten run from a Rotherham United team under Paul Warne. It's amazing really when you think back at the close season when Paul Warne had to have a time out to see whether he wanted to continue as our manager.
    Indeed we had supporters questioning his ability to be able to take us any further. Some have changed their minds whilst others wait until we have a slip up so they can throw a bucket of shyte over him and call him useless. He and his team are clearly not useless!

So we go into todays game 15 unbeaten, top of the league, still in the FA Cup and the energy pizza cup after topping our group.

Looks like Warney had a good think and put things into perspective!

Enjoy the match boys and girls.

TEAM v @OUFCOfficial | Johansson; Harding, Ihiekwe (C), Edmonds-Green; Ogbene, Rathbone, Wiles, Barlaser, Miller; Smith, Ladapo.

SUBS | Vickers, Wood, Ferguson, Odoffin, Lindsay, Grigg, Kayode.

Good side ....good bench!

Afternoon all

Good looking side, we are blessed with a few choices at the moment, unlike Ox who have a few players out.

The 14 that will probably take part today should be capable of winning, although without Ox's problems I would have been ok with a draw.

Starting with an abbaye blonde, progressing to some Licorne Black. HT pastie ready

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Good side ....good bench!
    Indeed it is

And we’re playing another good side, so match will probably be decided on who makes the least mistakes

( or the ref)

I would have put Vickers back in goal. He catches the ball instead of punching it.
    Otherwise, a very strong line up. Glad to see Rathbone back in there.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Afternoon all

Good looking side, we are blessed with a few choices at the moment, unlike Ox who have a few players out.

The 14 that will probably take part today should be capable of winning, although without Ox's problems I would have been ok with a draw.

Starting with an abbaye blonde, progressing to some Licorne Black. HT pastie ready
    She's asked me to ask you if you're popping in for a cuppa tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Nez View Post
    I would have put Vickers back in goal. He catches the ball instead of punching it.
    Otherwise, a very strong line up. Glad to see Rathbone back in there.
    Warne has been consistent with keepers keeping their place when they do well.

It looks like Vickers will have to bide his time again.

It looks bloody windy

Morning Frog'n'all. This was one of the matches I went to on my last UK visit two years ago. Our win then took us to the top of the league. It was an excellent performance from the Millers and it would be great to repeat that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast