+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaide Gordon

Kaide Gordon

The word is Kaide Gordon on of the best prospects in the country looks like signing for Liverpool £1mill amid Man u & Spurs interest

Well if that's the case, it looks like the takeover is a dead duck,because any business brain would make them pay through the nose when three of the biggest clubs are sniffing
    £1 million seems cheap for how he's described

Why ?????????

Because we are in the do do and Mel's desperate!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Because we are in the do do and Mel's desperate!!

That might be the case, but transfer fees for young players are complicated, they involve a set fee up front, plus add ons depending upon the age of the player, what contract he has with his parent club and involve additional fees based on first team appearances, international appearances etc.

So a £1 million up front fee sounds reasonable.

And he might come back to us on lian?

I am sure you are right Swale but being in the do do with a desperate owner doesn't help!

A lot will depend on whether he has a pro contract or not. If he's a scholar there's that "table of payments" that decides how much if clubs can't agree a figure and we might get a lot less than a million.

Personally, I'd be much to see Holmes go for a million to the Terriers than Kaide go anywhere at almost any price. He looks like "one for the future" and could either help us get to where we want to be or bring in mega bucks in a couple of years.

The route to football stardom is littered with ‘next best things’ and great te enage hopes, but how many actually make it?
    At Derby I suppose Steve Powell, Tom Huddleston and Will Hughes are the stand outs who broke through at 16 and really went on to make it big, but they’re in the minority.
    No idea if Gordon will be another but it’s an easily affordable financial risk for Liverpool and, in our current situation, might be a ‘lifeline’ for us...especially if, as GP says, he comes back on loan.
    Might be the next Huddleston/Hughes or just another Bobby Duncan/Mason Bennett. Sadly we probably can’t wait to find out.

It's a pity that we're getting screwed over again, as we did with Man City and young Delap.

Why can't we follow Birmingham's lead with Bellingham? They were able to wait until his 17th birthday, sign him on a professional contract and then sell him to Dortmund for over £20m.

Is it a case of Bellingham appreciating what Blues did for him and 'rewarding' them by waiting until he was 17?

If so, couldn't Gordon be persuaded to do the same, I'm sure Liverpool will still be there in a few months time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    It's a pity that we're getting screwed over again, as we did with Man City and young Delap.

Why can't we follow Birmingham's lead with Bellingham? They were able to wait until his 17th birthday, sign him on a professional contract and then sell him to Dortmund for over £20m.

Is it a case of Bellingham appreciating what Blues did for him and 'rewarding' them by waiting until he was 17?

If so, couldn't Gordon be persuaded to do the same, I'm sure Liverpool will still be there in a few months time.
    We must need the cash now, sadly!

I'd never heard of him 3 months ago, so it's a case of not missing what we've never had for me.

Looks like things are moving on, and he may be a goner

My opinion is let home go, for a suitable fee and add ons for future progression

Why? Because I'm currently a 'now' supporter, I want us to stay in The Championship this year and let future years take care of themselves, he can't really contribute but a 'cut'n'frust centre forward' (quote from Derek Hales) that we recruit with the freed up cash CAN. I'm not into this 'let us drop to league 1 then bounce back stronger' b*ll*cks - look at Sunderland

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)