+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hope Dane Murphy reads this message board

I hope Dane Murphy reads this message board

Struber said we need strikers.
    The fans said we need strikers.
    And how obvious was that during the Blackburn game !?!?!
    If we had got Blackburn’s strikers then Barnsley would have had the game wrapped up in the first 30 minutes.
    So why wasn’t these striker problems sorted out during the summer FFS !!!
    Spoiling the barrel for a penny worth of tar.

Victor made a huge difference when he came on - the ball started to stick up front more.
    But he’s not quite ready for the Championship.
    In the highly physically position that he plays - Victor needs another year or two to build more body strength.
    Really peeed off.
    If we had lost 2-1 to a better team then I could accept that.
    But we didn’t.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 28-11-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Aye and while hes looking for a striker, weve had another 2 goals conceded from the left back position.

Anderson and Helik the calamity twins, mistakes waiting to happen. Centre half third on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Struber said we need strikers.
    The fans said we need strikers.
    And how obvious was that during the Blackburn game !?!?!
    If we had got Blackburn’s strikers then Barnsley would have had the game wrapped up in the first 30 minutes.
    So why wasn’t these striker problems sorted out during the summer FFS !!!
    Spoiling the barrel for a penny worth of tar.

Victor made a huge difference when he came on - the ball started to stick up front more.
    But he’s not quite ready for the Championship.
    In the highly physically position that he plays - Victor needs another year or two to build more body strength.
    Really peeed off.
    If we had lost 2-1 to a better team then I could accept that.
    But we didn’t.
    Tha one of these Nudge who reacts far too much to the results .

Of course results are important but if the performances are acceptable the results will follow .

The group are an emerging young team who have improved massively over the last 12 months and will continue to do so as the season progresses .

Lower mid table with 55 to 60 points is more than acceptable to me and I think we'll get em .

Mc inally sed we were good ? A dint watch it , so can't really say , no big thing losing to Blackburn , i think they are a decent side ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Of course results are important but if the performances are acceptable the results will follow .

The group are an emerging young team who have improved massively over the last 12 months and will continue to do so as the season progresses .

Lower mid table with 55 to 60 points is more than acceptable to me and I think we'll get em .
    Youve always got to look at where you can progress. And if youre right Animal that we achieve the points tally you quote, we need to strengthen our areas of weakness to push on next term. Thats assuming we dont sell our assets to subsidise the loss of revenue this season. Theres some want moving on Bahre, Thomas, Collins probably are 3 candidates with some incoming to fill the shortcomings that exist.

Not seen any of todays game just heard commentary. It sounds like you were relatively satisfied with the performance. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Mc inally sed we were good ? A dint watch it , so can't really say , no big thing losing to Blackburn , i think they are a decent side ,
    Last week everything was tickety boo because we won 2-0 in a game we could easily have lost .

This week we probably played far better in my opinion and lost a game we should have got something out of and looking across both this board and bbs , the defence is shyte , we can't manage games , we don't score in the first half and the strikers are all shyte .

Tha couldn't mek it up .

I didn't see the game today but I would be interested to know how Chaplin played because it sounds like he didn't do too much again today?
    He has been absolutely shocking for 4 or 5 games now so was expecting Adeboyejo to start, he definately needs to be rested! Watching him at the minute reminds me of Dagnall, running about allover the place with no end product which is a bit hard on Dagnall because he was difficult to get off the ball, whereas Chaplin gets brushed of it really easily.
    I have to say though the game today and the game against Brentford we lost by 1 goal and last season the margin would have been bigger so there has been improvement, we do desperately need a big striker, left back and possibly a centre half? I won't be too harsh on Helik because Andersen was much worse and he came through it, but I have to agree with Nudger they always look like there is a fatal mistake waiting to happen in every game.
    Lets see what Big Val does for Birmingham, however it looks like no matter how bad a performance Chaplin puts in his name will be first on the team sheet.

Some are so fickle
    reply was to animal not thee Perks

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Youve always got to look at where you can progress. And if youre right Animal that we achieve the points tally you quote, we need to strengthen our areas of weakness to push on next term. Thats assuming we dont sell our assets to subsidise the loss of revenue this season. Theres some want moving on Bahre, Thomas, Collins probably are 3 candidates with some incoming to fill the shortcomings that exist.

Not seen any of todays game just heard commentary. It sounds like you were relatively satisfied with the performance. Is that correct?
    I'm not happy with the result Ethel but it was one of those games that can go against you in the championship , Forest were probably telling themselves the same thing last Saturday .

Performances like we gave down at Cardiff aren't acceptable to me and I'll call the players out .

Agree we do need to strengthen but I'm not going to write off some of our players just yet either .

Chaplin's not in great form but he did score 11 Championship goals last season in a poorer team stuck in the bottom 3 all season .

Thomas is one of those in my opinion who would benefit from a run of games , it's hard for a young kid when you know you are only the stand in and the confidence isn't there as a consequence and for me he's a confidence player .

In all the years I've watched us at this level only once has every player in that team ticked the box and that was 96/97 .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Reight - answering yours and other comments.

Chaplin - I like him - fox in the box.
    However - we arnt playing that type of football.

No - I don’t react to results.
    As I said - if we had won to a far better team then I would accept that. But we didn’t.

And we didn’t because although the performance was good we didn’t convert the dominance into goals.
    When that happens - the opposition GAIN CONFIDENCE.

Yes - the group is an emerging young team - that is likely to be very strong next season.
    BUT ...... for a penny worth of tar that emerging young team could easily be knocking on the door of top 6.
    Penny worth of tar being that missing striker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast