+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Jim's Good Ones v the Jimmy Johnstones

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    God said:
    "Jim Goodwin has made sweeping changes - near enough a new team. So Jim Goodwin needs time. But I think the fans would've been a bit disappointed at times as it was more of the same old stuff, which didn't work."

He's correct on both points.
    Did he ****. For it is written that God said,

“Let there be light.
    And there WAS light.
    And you could see for fuuckin MILES…”

Well feck all was what I expected from yesterday and feck all was what we got.

The season proper starts for us this Saturday against St Mirren as like it or not beating Celtic and it pains me to say it, the zombie club are going to be one off results for us and most other teams in the league as the gap is so huge now.

The big worry is how much of these new signings are actually going to work out for us as no matter how much players we have signed and what we have spent, not every player is going to be a success and more worrying is us having to sign so many players in one close season is not great, but at least our manager has acknowleged that issue. Looking at the team and the bench from yesterday there was a lot of unknown for us and hard to say what out best 11 looks like at the moment. It also highlighted this stupid notion that signing players on loan from Celtic is beneficial for us when it makes us weaker when playing them, which is what we don't want. JG might be comfortable with this, but I'm certainly not.

Doesn't matter that I expect nothing when playing them, it still pains me when we get beat by them.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Did he ****. For it is written that God said,

“Let there be light.
    And there WAS light.
    And you could see for fuuckin MILES…”
    Your lesser God is a figment of your imagination.

My God knew how to regularly beat the "Christians" on their own patch.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Depressingly familiar stuff.

Stood off and admired the view for the first half hour. Got exactly what we deserved, though it was absolutely dreadful defending.

They get right in your face and press quick. We sit off and wait for them to come at us - why?

Until we start being more aggressive we’ll never get anywhere in these games.

Roos, Stewart and McCrorie played well. Solid enough. Stewart in particular.

The two full backs seemed tucked way too far inside for me. Gave the Tim wingers the freedom of Glasgow. No idea what that was about?

Both looked ok going forward, but not great at defending so thats a concern.

Polvara - covered already. Dreadful

Ramadani has some nice touches and played a few decent through balls, but fuuck me he’s slow. Need some pace and energy in there beside him. Missing Barron.

Wide players were ok, not great, not poor.

Hayes was just Hayes - what a fuuckin miss.

Miovski showed some really nice touches and movement. We need folk on his wavelength supporting him though.

Same old same old I’m afraid though. We’ll be much higher than last year, but just continue to make up the numbers in the tedious two horse race. Cheers Milne…
    Agree with most of that, though I thought Coulson came onto a game and played pretty well in the end. Stewart was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    Agree with most of that, though I thought Coulson came onto a game and played pretty well in the end. Stewart was very good.
    Is nobody else slightly concerned that Roos doesn't seem any better than Lewis. In the cup games he has had nothing to do but still managed to flap a couple of times and then yesterday it seemed like he was more interested in making the dive look spectacular rather than holding or getting ball safe. A few times he just knocked it straight back into play. I think we were lucky that Celtic were a bit rusty

The perseverance with short goal kicks, after it was obvious that the opposition front players would press immediately, and cause a Roos/Stewart/McCrorie hoof out of the penalty box, ****ed me off.

Where possible (usually against the anti-fitba lot) this can be a good tactic if we can start an attack from the back, but to have my sphincter knitting buttons at every goal kick as per yesterday is asking for trouble.

Agreed. It was heart in mouth stuff. And only a matter of time before Roos or the defender he played it to , got caught onthe ball and charged down. And I'm thinking Joe would have rea ched the ballto save it , for the first goal ? Ach mebbes. Wish the would would come for at least one cross ball !!!!

Bright lights ? The occasional times we picked up the ball and ran with it , Coulson springs to mind , we cut through Celtic easily ? Sadly , McRorie would have made some of those runs from midfield.

Coulson came onto a decent game. Richardson was our weak point , but even then , once going forward was undone by " poor" decisions from their twelfth man .

Polvaro ? Too soon to be plunging him into that game . He needs to learn to get nasty , will take time. You can't teach experience.

Overall ,after listening to Goodwin's post match interview , it struck me that this is a major learning experience for him too ? How long has he been a manager ?? Only a few years ?

Folk don't remember mistakes. They remember how they are dealt with.

If he , and his players , learnt some lessons yesterday. And improve because of them. Fair enough.

COYR. !!!!

Keepers not holding the ball and these short goal kicks do my f'uckin nut in.

It's not just Roos.

Celtic were far too fast for us yesterday.
    Our 2 better signings have been playing in Hungarian football which is just not played at that pace.
    The rest haven't played at that level at all.

They'll learn.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Until we start being more aggressive we’ll never get anywhere in these games.
    And therein lies the problem. We had two players booked in a very quiet game for the ref. Celtic had similar tackles not booked. We are not allowed to play in the same aggressive manner that Celtic (or their ar*e cheek pals) are.

P.s., did you notice that every time the ball went out for a GK, throw or corner for Celtic a ball was immediately available. When we needed the ball, not a ball boy in sight. Happened so often it must be a ploy at the tattiedome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewitt_Scores View Post
    Stewart may end up getting done for pace in a one on one but he looks as though he is going to be a terrific penalty box defender both in the air and the ground. Hopefully Scales can provide the pace alongside him. I feel much happier about our central defense than for many a a season.

I do worry about Richardson though defensively, he looks good going forward but I'm not sure he is always switched on when balls are played down his wing or inside him, his pace may help him recover sometimes but not always. Goodwin needs to do a fair bit of work with him on the training ground. Like you I thought Coulson did fine the longer the game went

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast