+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brian McDermott

Brian McDermott

Just sacked as Leeds manager, Gianluca Festa, a third tier Italian manager is the 4/11 favourite. What a bizarre decision.

re: Brian McDermott

Quote Originally Posted by RamFromCornwall
    Just sacked as Leeds manager, Gianluca Festa, a third tier Italian manager is the 4/11 favourite. What a bizarre decision.
    Don't know about him as a manager but he knows the league and was a decent footballer

Awful decision.

Shocking!!! Leeds fans not happy...

Why is it a bad decision???? nice guy, not a bad start but not won in 7 games, losing most. Sounds like a good decision to me If the club wants to progress. He has had a year, I hate this give the manager 10 years to get their own team thing and then sack them when they eventually realise he isnt upto the job

Quote Originally Posted by Mickleover_Ram
    Why is it a bad decision???? nice guy, not a bad start but not won in 7 games, losing most. Sounds like a good decision to me If the club wants to progress. He has had a year, I hate this give the manager 10 years to get their own team thing and then sack them when they eventually realise he isnt upto the job
    if not a bad decision, then certainly a strange one - how can they justify sacking him with only a few hours left of the transfer window and their most saleable asset (Ross McCormack), subject to several bids and now completely unsettled...
    If they weren't convinced about McDermott, they should have got shot sooner and given his successor the chance to do some wheeling and dealing to improve things - as it is, they have reached the end of the transfer window with no manager, one (or more) unsettled players and only the loan system to try and fix things...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickleover_Ram
    He's a very good young manager, and was working at a club who have a lot of behind the scenes issues. A terrible knee jerk decision IMO. A year is no time to sort out a mess like Leeds

Marvelous!

a mess??????? what mess?

a good young manager? is that why Reading sacked him?

Hey it matters not to me i support Derby, but if they have no ambition, fine keep him for the next 20 years even though he isnt upto the job. I am more than happy to see Leeds a 2nd rate club under him. Besides , it doesnt matter what I think, the owners (the people who actually have to put the money in)obviously think that he wasnt upto the job either.

Football must be the only employment where people are expected to pay lots of money for failure and then to keep the guy because he is seen as nice

Festa seen at the last Leeds game in the presence of some Italians that are going to buy/have brought the club. I believe they are linked to Calgiari in some way and that a similiar situation will happen at Leeds that is happening at Watford and now Charlton.

His dismissal is not just about results but also the Italians wanting their own man their as a puppet.

It now means that "super" Leeds are now just a feeder club...how the mighty have fallen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)