+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s changed Tony’s outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    If PW basically refused the chance to strengthen every January which resulted in us getting relegated more than once, then TS had every right to sack him and replace him with somebody who would. He didn't sack him, so make of that what you will.

Yep, it’s a conundrum. Letting my imagination have free reign, given that the 1st relegation was nailed on from the start, and the second was extremely unfortunate, perhaps TS had already decided that this was the last chance saloon and the reason why he let Warne leave so easily?

[QUOTE=Beaufighter;40207494]
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I’ve found a link, but I’m afraid it’s one of those ****ty websites I normally try to avoid

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...anuary-8014377
    Cheers

TS probably gets set in his ways and needs a kick now and again, Warne made that kick and it was a good kick for the club imo even if it wasn’t the best way he left us

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    If PW basically refused the chance to strengthen every January which resulted in us getting relegated more than once, then TS had every right to sack him and replace him with somebody who would. He didn't sack him, so make of that what you will.
    I don’t think he will get that many chances at Derby.

I don't know any of the Stewart family.
    I do know someone who has worked for him for 40+ years - trust me this bloke wouldn't have worked for him 40+ years if he wasn't a decent employer.
    In saying that he did intimate he's demanding at times and sometimes best to keep a low profile on Monday morning.
    Some of you are over analysing the situation.
    The time to be concerned is when fans have the ignomity and embarrassment of going round with begging buckets again.
    Just chill out and enjoy the games.
    Enjoy the good times

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I don’t think he will get that many chances at Derby.
    He won't, but then he might not need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    I don't know any of the Stewart family.
    I do know someone who has worked for him for 40+ years - trust me this bloke wouldn't have worked for him 40+ years if he wasn't a decent employer.
    In saying that he did intimate he's demanding at times and sometimes best to keep a low profile on Monday morning.
    Some of you are over analysing the situation.
    The time to be concerned is when fans have the ignomity and embarrassment of going round with begging buckets again.
    Just chill out and enjoy the games.
    Enjoy the good times
    I don't know any of the family either but I do know someone who attends the meetings at the club and he says TS is extremely autocratic in the way he runs things.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Yep, it’s a conundrum. Letting my imagination have free reign, given that the 1st relegation was nailed on from the start, and the second was extremely unfortunate, perhaps TS had already decided that this was the last chance saloon and the reason why he let Warne leave so easily?
    I don't think he did "let Warne leave so easily." It had been on the cards for some time and I understand that Derby paid a considerable compensation fee.

Egos are very powerful things at times. With Derby doing well at the moment and making the top 2 certainly not out of the question I would imagine the last thing TS would want is them swapping places with us! ''Over my dead body'' may have been said over recent weeks.Maybe that is the reason?

[QUOTE=Beaufighter;40207494]
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I’ve found a link, but I’m afraid it’s one of those ****ty websites I normally try to avoid

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...anuary-8014377
    And there you have it from the mouth of Warne himself.

"But if those eight or nine decide they don't like what they're seeing they can infiltrate the group and it's not easy. Football management and the match days is the easiest bit, funnily enough. It's managing the personalities and the egos throughout the week which is the challenge””

So he never had a large squad because he was scared of the non players upsetting the rest of the team. What a strange set up indeed. Imagine if we had a larger squad, would we have ever seen relegation on a regular basis?

I suppose it’s each to their own ideas and that’s how he wanted to run it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast