+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Edged the first half

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Well the club have come out in agreement that what we were watching wasn't good enough. Now we just need to wait and see if the decisions they have made (and are still making regarding transfers) are good ones or not. Takes time though and we are starting from a reasonable base IMHO.
    a
    When the camera was on TC he looked totally lost, out of his depth i would say, i hope he does a great job i really do, but this is one hell of a gamble to put on someone untested at this level..I hope we have a plan B, if this goes Pete Tong, gambles like this very rarely come off. Cause he has got a SFA coaching badge means nothing to me, we produced far better managers when you never had to have the badge, can someone tell me the last top class Scots manager. when you think about it long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    a
    When the camera was on TC he looked totally lost, out of his depth i would say, i hope he does a great job i really do, but this is one hell of a gamble to put on someone untested at this level..I hope we have a plan B, if this goes Pete Tong, gambles like this very rarely come off. Cause he has got a SFA coaching badge means nothing to me, we produced far better managers when you never had to have the badge, can someone tell me the last top class Scots manager. when you think about it long time ago.
    We've probably had a handful of good mangers in the entire history of the club. Any appointment is a big risk at our level. But, and I think we agree on this, employing TC is a bigger risk due to his inexperienced in the professional game.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The part about hindsight isn't pish. I'm just making the point it's easy looking back in hindsight but harder if you need to do it before.
    In general what you are saying is correct but in the context of us right now we absolutely do not need hindsight after game 1 of this season to know what our issues are.

We seen them all last season! We seen the season before in the championship that our win rate dropped 30%+ when Pawlett played. We already know that Clark is a passenger every game due to being unfairly played in a role that bypasses him. We already knew literally all shortcomings bar 1 in our team. The ONLY new thing we know from the weekend in hindsight is not only are half the experienced players not good enough but now look less interested to boot.
    Last edited by the_arab; 04-08-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    In general what you are saying is correct but in the context of us right now we absolutely do not need hindsight after game 1 of this season to know what our issues are.

We seen them all last season! We seen the season before in the championship that our win rate dropped 30%+ when Pawlett played. We already know that Clark is a passenger every game due to being unfairly played in a role that bypasses him. We already know literally all shortcomings bar 1 in our team. The ONLY new thing we know from the weekend in hindsight is not only are half the experienced players not good enough but now look less interested to boot.
    I just binned a reply to TTT, but that sums it up for me very well!

Tam has to learn that there are guys in their 60's to their 80's (plus) watching and listening to what he is saying. They know SFA about soundbites, media training etc etc... but....... they can smell sh*te a mile off. Positive spin/bool****???? It is a fine line, and he has crossed it already. (IMO obviously)

Giving out information and patronisation can be very similar sometimes.. (just sayin')

Note to Tam : and TA & MO ............ Just because we have blind faith, doesn't make us blind and thick

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Tam has to learn that there are guys in their 60's to their 80's (plus) watching and listening to what he is saying. They know SFA about soundbites, media training etc etc... but....... they can smell sh*te a mile off. Positive spin/bool****???? It is a fine line, and he has crossed it already. (IMO obviously)

Giving out information and patronisation can be very similar sometimes.. (just sayin')

Note to Tam : and TA & MO ............ Just because we have blind faith, doesn't make us blind and thick
    Can i just say i am not as old as that and i smell plenty sh!te!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Can i just say i am not as old as that and i smell plenty sh!te!
    Of course you can Chick, and IMO ...you would be correct .

my post dissapeared?? it was a piece of art that will never be repeated!!

Until im pissed and it will be the jackson pollock of shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

Yeatsy, I get what you’re saying (I reckon we probably all do) but as I said on another post that today’s player does not take kindly to public after match media roasting by the manager. If a modern day manager crosses that line then he’s a dead man walking - think John Collins, Phil Brown, Terry Butcher, Mixu e5c etc etc. So I can understand his ‘diplomatic’ media answers.

Frankly, if JYM had been manager on Sunday the least they could have expected was a public dressing down. More like a rap in the pus in the changing room. Wonder how that would have gone down………………

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    my post dissapeared?? it was a piece of art that will never be repeated!!

Until im pissed and it will be the jackson pollock of shakespeare
    We will read it at 8pm then ? canna wait

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)