+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Andersons form be ignored?

Can Andersons form be ignored?

I think he should start the season for us. He is red hot right now and we need as many red hot players we can get in the mix. It would give the signal if you are good enough you will get in the 11. Theres plenty of room at the trough with the amount of games we have this season. This wasn't the dog and duck eleven he scored against.

....I have always felt this lad has something extra and he looks in great football shape.

Sorry to harp on but he could easily have had a hat trick. He looks sharp, hungry with a load of running in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I think he should start the season for us. He is red hot right now and we need as many red hot players we can get in the mix. It would give the signal if you are good enough you will get in the 11. Theres plenty of room at the trough with the amount of games we have this season. This wasn't the dog and duck eleven he scored against.
    Who would drop out? Not being controversial but Bruno need to up his game based on the last 3 matches. We were abysmal first half v Brighton,they were sharper, better passing, they looked very dangerous and if they keep that up this season they will be in the mix. I thought our team was fit but they looked a yard quicker to the ball, come on Eddie lay the law down!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Who would drop out? Not being controversial but Bruno need to up his game based on the last 3 matches. We were abysmal first half v Brighton,they were sharper, better passing, they looked very dangerous and if they keep that up this season they will be in the mix. I thought our team was fit but they looked a yard quicker to the ball, come on Eddie lay the law down!
    This is the question. Eddie is in a great position to tell the team "look, everyone will be needed this year and if I see a drop off inform for anyone you won't start"

Perhaps tweak fornation to a 4-2-3-1 to accomodate him? He has got to start.

I think you cannot ignore the precious gold nugget of a player in form in a small squad battling on 4 fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    i really think some of our bigger players were only playing at 80-90% during this tour. Dont get me wrong, they put the yards in but were not going at 100%

I attribute this to having Anderson, Miley and the rest of the youngsters doing well. I think it was maybe a subconscious fear of picking up an injury and missing the start of the season and not being able to regain their place because of how well the youngsters are doing.

To be fair, it would not concern me if Anderson or Miley were in the first 11, they have done that well

Miley and Anderson both good technical footballers,Anderson looks more robust,I think his time with Bristol Rovers in Division 2 helped him.

Firstly, our squad’s been training very hard and our players look tired in the games (source: Eddie Howe). This is not a problem - friendlies results don’t matter.
    Anderson looks great but he doesn’t HAVE to start. We need to play squad football this season (and, in fact, my only concern with EH is that he is very (too?) loyal to his first team players).

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Firstly, our squad’s been training very hard and our players look tired in the games (source: Eddie Howe). This is not a problem - friendlies results don’t matter.
    Anderson looks great but he doesn’t HAVE to start. We need to play squad football this season (and, in fact, my only concern with EH is that he is very (too?) loyal to his first team players).
    Yeah. My definition of squad football is playing the men in form of which Anderson is one, but I agree Eddie will stick to the players he feels comfortable with. I think Anderson has slowly started moving into that bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Miley and Anderson both good technical footballers,Anderson looks more robust,I think his time with Bristol Rovers in Division 2 helped him.
    Looks like he’s been pumping the iron anarl, Mileys tall! 6ft 3 ins apparently, these two will be the bedrock of our midfield in a few yrs time, looking forward too it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)