+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The mind

The mind

What creates the consciousness of the mind. It's not like you can cut a brain open and see it. It's a thing science still can't explain.

re: The mind

All depends on the kids your babysitting.

This is an interesting topic. There are numerous explanations both scientific and spiritual.

The very essence of what is us. The accumulation of all our individual experiences.Various indoctorines be they educational, parental or religious. Our conscious is simply our ability to be aware of ourselves. To recognise self. Some have progressed further into a higher state of awareness. Some claim they can take their conscious and leave their bodies. I have experienced the latter twice albeit accidentally and I didn't go far.

Then we have the subconscious...

Yes, fascinating topic. My understanding of it is similar to Oz's ...

I'll try to (probably very badly) explain from my perspective ...

If you think of the mind as a kind of processor - constantly analysing, sifting information, judging - the thinking part of us. Well, as Oz says, our consciousness is detached from this as it is our ability to be aware. It does not judge or think. It merely observes and notices. For example, if you pick up a leaf and just look at it carefully - and really notice what you are seeing and feeling - the intricate detail of it's veins, perhaps, how it feels in your hand, and so on - then that is your consciousness. If we take this further, you might notice bodily sensations, what you are thinking, as you hold the leaf, emotions, and so on. When you start noticing how you are feeling, and what you are thinking, then you are becoming more self aware.

Some would say that our consciousness transcends our physical bodies and so accompanies us on our j

That funny state you were in winnie was the same as a hypnotic state and I reckon oz might have been in a similar state but much deeper to experience an outer body experience.
    Yoga meditation and hypnotherapy is all about blocking the conscious thoughts out and focus on the more powerful subconscious mind. You seem to need to be in this state to experience spiritual experiences in possible different dimensions? Interestingly when people pray they go into a state of meditation and talks to god and the spirit world.

The subconscious mind never switches off unlike your concious mind. Your subconscious thoughts will always be more influencial than your concious thoughts. For example if you were told you were thick when you were young it can stay in your subconscious. Even though your concious mind knows your not thick you cant help feeling thick because of the negative subconscious thought.
    Ive been learning how to tap into the subconscious and heal from within and change the negative subconscious image to a possitive one.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad
    What creates the consciousness of the mind. It's not like you can cut a brain open and see it. It's a thing science still can't explain.
    You've lost yours if you think Lambert is the man to save us, or MON is to become the returning prodigal son.

Here is another article that you like :Bongo

Reincarnation

Science will one day confirm this

Check out the Daily Mail , just another of these inncidents

'
    'When I woke up, I was a baby and youd me Luke': Mom claims her five-year- old son remembers his past life as a Chicago woman who died in a house fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    This is an interesting topic. There are numerous explanations both scientific and spiritual.

The very essence of what is us. The accumulation of all our individual experiences.Various indoctorines be they educational, parental or religious. Our conscious is simply our ability to be aware of ourselves. To recognise self. Some have progressed further into a higher state of awareness. Some claim they can take their conscious and leave their bodies. I have experienced the latter twice albeit accidentally and I didn't go far.

Then we have the subconscious...

A topic that has interested me for several years. I have a few books on astral projection and OBEs. Would be interested to here more on your experiences Oz - if you care to share?

Not forgetting the unconscious mind. Freud built a theory around it, bit more believable than his psycho-***ual theory. Carl Rogers also delves into the unconscious, believing that the self is such.

All impossible to prove but certainly interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)