+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Charlton v. Rams

Glad I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Glad I didn't go
    My biggest worry is actually Liam Rosenior who seems a bit too positive in defeat, that was fine last season in extreme circumstances but we’ve started on par this season and we need some home truths occasionally

We deserved something but the finishing was awful

I think today proved we are more than capable of finishing top 6, Charlton are going to around the playoffs so its a good marker

Certainly our problem, especially last season, was converting chances, needs to be addressed but not panic time yet at all. I am sure it will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    George Thorne still optimistic of being fit for bench....
    Markeaton?

I'd like to start off by saying 2 games in and, for me, the score is 100%. I've really enjoyed both games so far. Yesterday we hammered them 1st half. 65% possession and spent much of the half encamped in their half. 53% 2nd half in which the game became more open and we were susceptible to their breakaways/counters, one of which led to their goal.

You shouldn't really form an opinion just 2 games in but I'm going to. We will see a lot of entertaining games this season with Derby playing some good football. Unless we get a striker in or get more players backing up Collins in and around the box, we are going to be between 12th and 18th. This team lacks goal threat. Far too often when a wide man gets the ball the cross can only be aimed at the solitary white shirt in the box. A greatly outnumbered white shirt at that.

Give it time. Disappointing but only the 6th August yesterday. We’ve only seen twenty minutes of Dobbin and I’m sure Collins will come good.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    This one will be tough and wouldnt be surprised if we lost as we usually do in London

But its another week to get this team up to speed so all minutes are precious esp with 3 or 4 more incomings

Chloe Kelly, Millie Bright and Lucy Staniforth.

Have you given Charlton their corner flag back yet, DCFCA?

Disappointing result, it seems our lack of bite up front (which has bugged us for 3 or 4 seasons) remains a major issue. Control of the ball and good movement on and off the ball may be pretty to watch but, at the end of the day, goals win games!!
    I watched MoD last night and, yes, whilst all the teams looked to control the ball, most goals scored came from moving the ball quickly. This comes from the higher quality of the players involved whereas at L1 level control of the ball is usually at a much slower crab like pace. Even defenders at that level can filter back and secure their area of vulnerability whilst looking to hit teams on the break as a bad pass or poor discipline leaves gaps to explore. Then one long ball can do more damage than a plethora of 5 yard passes!
    Strikers rarely score when confronted by six of seven defenders in front of them (except perhaps a young Ronaldo) and tippy tappy, you to me, me to you won't help 3rd tier journeymen!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Give it time. Disappointing but only the 6th August yesterday. We’ve only seen twenty minutes of Dobbin and I’m sure Collins will come good.
    Dobbin was great v Mansfield

And Sibbo should now be one of the first names on the team sheet as well

Collins is getting in good positions and just needs a goal, pity he was offside we could have done with that being the goal for him tonight

We’re still coming together though and with McGoldrick coming back and actually having proper wingers in Mendez and Barky things are looking up

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)