+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure

Not sure

There is news that Steve Cooper and Frank Lampard are on our shortlist. Not sure who I would choose but based on the selection of VK it would look that Lampard would be the clubs choice. Someone who has a high profile with influence. Problem is if he is successful then would he be like VK and go after a short time?

No chance IMHO.

We cannot afford another high risk appointment.

Gotta agree, not sure either. Lampard probably has the a higher profile in the game. Although he had a record of falling out with players while at Chelsea. So much so that Petr Cech had to act as an intermediary.

Of all the names that are available. Think I’d be looking at Moyes or Potter. Whether they are interested or not is another matter.

The issue I have with some of the other names such as Rosenior, Rohl etc. Is that in the wider game, there nobody’s really. If we’re being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by CornholmeClaret View Post
    Gotta agree, not sure either. Lampard probably has the a higher profile in the game. Although he had a record of falling out with players while at Chelsea. So much so that Petr Cech had to act as an intermediary.

Of all the names that are available. Think I’d be looking at Moyes or Potter. Whether they are interested or not is another matter.

The issue I have with some of the other names such as Rosenior, Rohl etc. Is that in the wider game, there nobody’s really. If we’re being honest.
    I have absolutely no idea why we don't get this guy on a plane to Manchester right now.

Mike Jackson as assistant manager and Billy Mercer back as goalkeeping coach.

Name:  defour.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  12.9 KB
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 26-05-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    There is news that Steve Cooper and Frank Lampard are on our shortlist. Not sure who I would choose but based on the selection of VK it would look that Lampard would be the clubs choice. Someone who has a high profile with influence. Problem is if he is successful then would he be like VK and go after a short time?
    I’d take cooper over Lampard every day of the week as he doesn’t have the player profile like Lampard and VK had - just think Cooper will look at what he has and what we need whereas the players Lampard will want will be too expensive or loans again.

Also cooper knows this league and he also knows how to build a team.

Frank W@nkhard,...WTF !!!

Don't want him within 200m of our club.
    Cooper maybe,but there are better options out there surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Frank W@nkhard,...WTF !!!

Don't want him within 200m of our club.
    Cooper maybe,but there are better options out there surely ?
    Of course there are Alfie...

Name:  defour.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  12.9 KB

When we signed Komany as our manager I was undecided as to what to expect, but in 2022/23 season both his recruitment and style of play were a welcome relief after years of Dycheball, culminating our winning the championship and promotion. In season 2023/24 the wheel fell off and we saw possibly the worst team performance Burnley FC have ever offered in the top division.

Choosing to appoint Lampard would probably be the board choice as he like Kompany as a recognisable name within the football community, but in all his time as a manager he does not appear to have done any remarkable achievements.

Cooper as a reasonable record managing the England under 16 and under 17, and again managing Swansea City, but the wheel appeared to come off when managing Nottingham Forest in the premier league.

BT is pushing Stephen Defour, but his record managing Mechelen is rather average. However he was a brilliant player for Burnley when he was fit enough to play.

If however, the board have the required finance and motivation for a really big footballing legend, then of the out of work managers there is one head and shoulders above the rest, a Frenchman renowned for having a brilliant heading ability especially against the Italians. However, that would be a pipe dream even to great for Alan Pace to pull off.

Cooper before Lampard any day. Good team spirit is essential. I haven't seen a lot of Rosenior but I liked what I saw.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Not Lampard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)