+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicoliar calls

Come on, the reason for lockdowns is because a deadly virus was spreading across the population.

The idea of it all being a social control experiment is a loony conspiracy theory.

Problem for Hitchens and co is they are now desperate for new lockdowns to prove themselves right.

Everyone else gets on with life post-lockdown.

Just to add, HMRC has been engaged in social control experiments against tax payers for around a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just putting forward ideas from sources that you and others might not read. Is it not reasonable to question your own thinking? I think you are wrong to continually claim that covid denying is the basis of those who question the way that covid is being dealt with.

India is a disaster and absolutely no one is saying anything other. The initial wave did not appear so virulent as this second wave and everyone had thought that there must have been something in the population that prevented the virus from taking hold in the way it has done for this second wave.

The way that this country has operated has been by consent. The public vote for people to lead the policies and decision making in parliament. We agree to obey their laws because that's the way it works. If we don't like them we can vote for another lot to try and do better. In Scotland it is a wee bit different because there are people who prefer to vote for the SNP whilst not wanting to leave the Union. This election seems to me to be about deciding if you really want independence then vote for the SNP, if you don't want independence then do not vote for either the SNP or the Greens.

It appears to me that this democratic process is under attack, and instead of all our best brains trying to work out a lockdown free approach to living with covid, their efforts are being channelled into finding ways to enforce lockdowns.

It seems entirely reasonable to ask for a future plan that relies on an approqach to dealing with covid without lockdowns.
    Very good post.

Did you know an estimated 200 to 300k marched in London at the weekend in protest against lockdowns......not reported on MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Come on, the reason for lockdowns is because a deadly virus was spreading across the population.

The idea of it all being a social control experiment is a loony conspiracy theory.

Problem for Hitchens and co is they are now desperate for new lockdowns to prove themselves right.

Everyone else gets on with life post-lockdown.

Just to add, HMRC has been engaged in social control experiments against tax payers for around a decade.
    Nobody, to my knowledge has claimed that lockdowns are a social experiment. The way that there appears to be little critical thinking about alternatives to lockdowns is surprising, and the efforts being made to frighten people to comply is worrying me.

HMRC do seem to be heavy handed. Not sure that I would describe their activities as social control but it does seem that they jump on the wee people and do deals big tax avoiders. Can't remember the figure that they failed to collect but I am sure there are some very big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Very good post.

Did you know an estimated 200 to 300k marched in London at the weekend in protest against lockdowns......not reported on MSM.
    It didn't happen! If it isn't on BBC then it was a non event.

Nobody, to my knowledge has claimed that lockdowns are a social experiment.
    I have, and I stand by it.

Yeah, this is a painting and a work of fiction - more social control, just don't tell em and they'll never know the truth.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/ant...ch-2021-04-24/

Nobody, to my knowledge has claimed that lockdowns are a social experiment.
    That has been a recurring theme on here for a year, surprised you missed it.

It happened, with about 10,000 people, not a huge percentage of the population. Reported everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Yeah, this is a painting and a work of fiction - more social control, just don't tell em and they'll never know the truth.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/ant...ch-2021-04-24/
    Huge turnout, will go with 200k as that seems to be the lower of the eyewitness estimates.

Everyday more and more are seeing thru covid measures and the absolute folly of lockdown.......can they pressure politicians to be brave this Autumn and resist the lockdown loonies.......somehow doubt it but would be delighted to be wrong.

From the link above:
    "Several thousand anti-lockdown demonstrators marched through central London on Saturday despite restrictions on mass gatherings during the COVID-19 pandemic."

"Media reports put numbers at about 10,000, though the Metropolitan Police did not confirm a figure."

I guess everyone else was at the pub or the park or the beach, enjoying life after lockdown.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)