+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dario

During the trial, prosecutor Nicholas Johnson QC reminded the jury that Bennell had married the sister of Mr Woodward, reports The BBC.

During the trial, prosecutor Nicholas Johnson QC reminded the jury that Bennell had married the sister of Mr Woodward, reports The BBC.

how many things went on in the 80's that wouldnt be accepted today??

did dario know something that woodwards parents didnt know?

how many other players knew about it, lennon, savage, murphy. how far back or forward do we go

did bob scott or andy sus*** know?

the whole thing is disgusting.

p.....phil.. is discusting, bennell should never see the light of day again

unfortunately we are looking at something forty years ago, with the vision of 2021.

times have changed, things have moved on.

the club should have made a statement, but what would they have said?

they arent the best at saying anything.

the whole bennell saga is sick

That was a tough watch.

Yes it was.
    I was close to tears at times for those poor guys.
    It was shocking, and it's clear that none of the victims have truly ever got over the abuse.

Well,that was a very emotional watch.To hear the fact tonight that "past and present officials of the club "knew about the issues,but did nothing, sums it up.Hold your head up high for the victims instead of protecting the football club.

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERBEZZA View Post
    Well,that was a very emotional watch.To hear the fact tonight that "past and present officials of the club "knew about the issues,but did nothing, sums it up.Hold your head up high for the victims instead of protecting the football club.

I am left feeling disgusted and ashamed, but you are wrong to say Crewe did nothing, they contacted Ken Barnes at Manchester City and discussed Bennell intimating he was problematic, all the opportunities they had to put a stop to the abuse and nothing was done, its interesting to see the Football museum are considering removing Gradi from it's Hall of Fame. why I wonder why ? and why is he banned from any dealings with under 18's I wonder ?

It's tainted my support for the Alex when I think that the success they had was based on abusing young impressionable boys, it's shocking, the attempt to close down Artell, the booing at the AGM when the subject was legitimately raised shocking, the mealy mouthed statements shocking, "past and present officials of the club "knew about the issues, but did nothing quite shocking, there should be resignations but we all know there wont be be..............

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I am left feeling disgusted and ashamed, but you are wrong to say Crewe did nothing, they contacted Ken Barnes at Manchester City and discussed Bennell intimating he was problematic, all the opportunities they had to put a stop to the abuse and nothing was done, its interesting to see the Football museum are considering removing Gradi from it's Hall of Fame. why I wonder why ? and why is he banned from any dealings with under 18's I wonder ?

It's tainted my support for the Alex when I think that the success they had was based on abusing young impressionable boys, it's shocking, the attempt to close down Artell, the booing at the AGM when the subject was legitimately raised shocking, the mealy mouthed statements shocking, "past and present officials of the club "knew about the issues, but did nothing quite shocking, there should be resignations but we all know there wont be be..............
    It's good to see that Bowler has resigned from the board.. but still says the club knew nothing.....
    Last edited by Terry Harkin; 25-03-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Having now watched the 3 programs, i was gathering my thoughts and then I saw the above post which sums up my own personal thoughts 100%

It's good to see that Bowler has resigned from the board.. but still says the club knew nothing.....
    Really pleased that it is not DA that has resigned. Keep going Big Dave, really appreciate what you have done both as a player and a manager.

Well there’s no reason for Dave to resign as he wasn’t at the club during any of the abuse that took place and can have no responsibility for it. As Bowler said in his resignation letter he is the last person in a position of power and influence at the time who was still at Gresty Road. I think that, if he didn’t resign immediately, then it was right to see the process through to the publication of the report - he would doubtless be accused of abrogating his responsibility should he have resigned over the past 4 years. Given his age I suspect he would have resigned when the club restructured following the buy out of Hassall’s shares last year were the abuse report not still in abeyance.

It is, however, entirely appropriate that he should now resign. As has been said elsewhere on this thread child protection regulations are now much more stringent across all walks of life, and rightly so. I have no doubt that our club, like all the others featured in the harrowing TV programmes of the past 3 days, have the requisite policies and procedures in place to ensure that this abuse never happens again - although nobody can be sure of course. This in no way excuses what has gone on before and I am sure there will be more ramifications to come but the club can now also concentrate on doing what it does best - helping young boys and girls achieve their aims in football.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast