+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomkins

Tomkins

i probably should have waited to post this, as i will probably appear negative. i'm not, i'm grinning like an idiot

but, did anyone else find tomkins second yellow slightly dumb on his behalf? whether or not the first yellow was warranted, he shouldn't have been so daft to play that high foot. the player was going nowhere...

... it's even more frustrating because we've been starved of quality cb's for a few games now... we need him.

he hasn't let us down in the same vein as 'captain it'sallaboutme', but it just wasn't very bright as far as the game was concerned, and the overall scheme of things. we are down to a skeleton crew as it is...

i can't stay mad at him - still my favourite player, and really do hope he is a hammer for life

re: Tomkins

If Campbell wasn't so short it wouldn't have been a problem

I said on the other thread that it must be tough for him with a prison sentence hanging over him so I'm not surprised if his judgement is not the best.

Anyway go to bed Oz, you can't have slept for 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzosbest74

Anyway go to bed Oz, you can't have slept for 20 hours.
    alone!

thing is, would we have battled so much with eleven on the pitch !

Quote Originally Posted by bazwillrun
    thing is, would we have battled so much with eleven on the pitch !
    Definaltely if our captain had been on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by OZHAMMER
    i probably should have waited to post this, as i will probably appear negative. i'm not, i'm grinning like an idiot

but, did anyone else find tomkins second yellow slightly dumb on his behalf? whether or not the first yellow was warranted, he shouldn't have been so daft to play that high foot. the player was going nowhere...

... it's even more frustrating because we've been starved of quality cb's for a few games now... we need him.

he hasn't let us down in the same vein as 'captain it'sallaboutme', but it just wasn't very bright as far as the game was concerned, and the overall scheme of things. we are down to a skeleton crew as it is...

i can't stay mad at him - still my favourite player, and really do hope he is a hammer for life

I can actually understand the second yellow card, you think you can get it with no harm , and in the circumstances i would have gone for it also. the first though was dumb, from behind and t

He only had his eyes on the ball,it was a soft one if you ask me. It seemed like the ref was itching to send him off when i think they should be more inclined to try and keep all the players on the pitch!

couldn't believe he was sent off for that especially having watched what Cabaye got away with after his first booking today it seemed like the ref thought he fu**ed up with the disallowed goal and didn't want to make matters worse. Seriously no coincidence with refs today

That's right and also the assault on Nasri, the ref was just trying to placate the home fans.
    Tomkins was a shade unlucky the ref was under pressure at the time from the crowd as there had just been a few close calls which included a couple of penalty appeals.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)