+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English Channel Migrant Drownings

English Channel Migrant Drownings

Tragedy being heaped on tragedy and I put the blame squarely on the conscious and shoulders of the French.

How the hell can you allow thirty odd people to jump in an inflatable dinghy from your shores and head into a wintry English Channel with all of its inherent danger?

Macron is a moron.

The UK has to shoulder a lot of the blame BT.If they had simply returned the migrants to France every time when this started 4-5 years ago then none of this would have happened.It is not rocket science.Thne more they let in then the more will come.

The floodgates are open because, since Brexit, we are not allowed to return them to France even if we decided to because that agreement only exists between EU members.
    They will keep on coming, France will do absolutely nothing to stop them because, once they have left France, they are out of their hair.
    No doubt the majority, if not all, will have false documentation and this will also prohibit us from returning them to what they claim is their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    The floodgates are open because, since Brexit, we are not allowed to return them to France even if we decided to because that agreement only exists between EU members.
    They will keep on coming, France will do absolutely nothing to stop them because, once they have left France, they are out of their hair.
    No doubt the majority, if not all, will have false documentation and this will also prohibit us from returning them to what they claim is their own country.
    Like I said Supersub6, I put the blame for these tragedies squarely on the conscious and shoulders of the French.

Boris cocked up again big style. I'm sure in his election lies (sorry, pledge!) he said the Tories would protect our borders and get a grip in immigration, legal or otherwise.

We cannot allow people to die in the English Channel attempting to cross illegally from France, but with Macron and Johnson in charge of this $hitfest how the f*ck do we stop this?

ANyone with a modicum of common sense and who had studied the EU would have realised that, far from stopping immigration, Brexit would be a big help for those wishing to enter Britain and seek asylum because they only have to get here and they are virtually untouchable.
    As I said, France will not worry at all because they are not their problem once they have left France so why would they try to stop them? Sad state of affairs ---where are the leaders? Haha!

ANyone with a modicum of common sense and who had studied the EU would have realised that, far from stopping immigration, Brexit would be a big help for those wishing to enter Britain and seek asylum because they only have to get here and they are virtually untouchable.
    As I said, France will not worry at all because they are not their problem once they have left France so why would they try to stop them? Sad state of affairs ---where are the leaders? Haha!
    I'm trying to understand how these undocumented "asylum seekers" are being allowed into France in the first place Supersub6.

We were still in the EU in 2015 Sub.They could have nipped it in the bud right then-job done.

It was only the night before, talking about the situation with Mrs S, and I said nothing will happen until one of these boats sinks with a huge loss of life, then something might be done about it. The day after it happened, but right now I'm not convinced I was right and something will be done.

And I agree with BT once more, Macron is largely to blame, he has an animosity towards this country which warps his judgement, he has done nothing to stem the flow of boats leaving French shores, instead he seems to want them waved through by the French police. He uses these poor buggers as a stick to beat Brexit Britain with, it's shameful, but what does he care, he has an election to fight soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We were still in the EU in 2015 Sub.They could have nipped it in the bud right then-job done.
    We were, we didn't and I reckon that 'human rights' had a big say in why we didn't or couldn't. Who knows?
    Where are the leaders who will lead? Disappeared off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It was only the night before, talking about the situation with Mrs S, and I said nothing will happen until one of these boats sinks with a huge loss of life, then something might be done about it. The day after it happened, but right now I'm not convinced I was right and something will be done.

And I agree with BT once more, Macron is largely to blame, he has an animosity towards this country which warps his judgement, he has done nothing to stem the flow of boats leaving French shores, instead he seems to want them waved through by the French police. He uses these poor buggers as a stick to beat Brexit Britain with, it's shameful, but what does he care, he has an election to fight soon.
    Using human beings as political pawns is the lowest of the low mon ami. Macron needs a JFK moment I think. Where's a proper terrorist when you need one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)