+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has the most potential?

Who has the most potential?

We have a number of really promising young players adorning the Millers shirt currently. Which do you think has the greatest upside / potential? Always difficult to judge as some players hit a developmental wall and others keep kicking on and improving. I'm curious as to who people see as the best prospect.

Players under 25 - (Age in brackets)

- Wiles (22)
    - Ogbene (24)
    - Kayode (21)
    - Barlaser (24)
    - Viktor (23)
    - Odoffin (23)
    - Bola (23)

Didn't include REG because he isn't ours. Nor Hull and other youngsters who we haven't really seen play in the first team. Pick one of them if you like however.

I'm going Wiles. Whilst Dan is obviously my favourite and has great passing qualities I think if Ben can keep developing that engine of his, together with ironing out those small errors that can creep into his game and general experience (still only 22!) I think he could develop into a top Championship player. Not saying he is the best as of now, just in terms of potential.

Kayode would be my choice

If Wiles continues his progress he’ll play on the premier league one day.

Kayode (provided he bulks up a bit) for me too

I see Wiles as the young James Milner. Just iron out the silly mistakes and lapses of concentration in his game and his progression is endless.

Get him with the right coaching staff, not that ours are bad but, top clubs condition and train players far way in advance of what we can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I see Wiles as the young James Milner. Just iron out the silly mistakes and lapses of concentration in his game and his progression is endless.

Get him with the right coaching staff, not that ours are bad but, top clubs condition and train players far way in advance of what we can offer.
    Yes including black arts training

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes including black arts training
    Wycombe it is then

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wycombe it is then
    To be fair to them they did their homework and found where our weaknesses were (are), followed their plan and carried it out.

We lacked the flexibility to overcome their tactics

I think kayode may surpass wiles.the others may move on up the ladder at some point.but I think they are relatively exposed to some early extent.

Had we not been top of the league I think we would have been seeing more of Kayode

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast