+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Costa Del Scun New Ground

Costa Del Scun New Ground

We were told that our new to be ground was to be based on yours. To be fair i have forgot what your's looks like.

This is a pic of our future ground . - view external link

re: Costa Del Scun New Ground

Another one there !. Do this look an exact copy of your new Gaff then ? - view external link

Very similar - ours has stepped roofs on the cop to lower down from the main stand to the family stand - yours has more curved roofs similar to Hudderfield's Galpharm (or whatever its called this week.
    The roof section sloping down to the ground looks interesting and costly - may disappear due to costs - good luck with it all - transformed our club.

Tidy. Has similar features to ours and also reminds me of a smaller Reebok Stadium in places.

Off there Saturday for Bolton v Blackpool in the cup.

The design looks quite good but wonder if any other teams will think that their ground too has a 25 year shelf life and need to move??

I cant he think "WHY?"

I mean come on S****horpe is a hole isnt it! at least we deserved a new ground

looks nice mate not keen on the bricked up corners though :/

[quote="Johno2012"

I mean come on S****horpe is a hole isnt it! at least we deserved a new ground[/quote]

That's a very blinkered view indeed. The council by all accounts approached the club about a multi sports ccomplex that doesn't just benefit the club and it's fans,but,the community as a whole, for S****horpe and further afield.

Where the new ground will be is also classed as part of the Lakeside project, if it was solely to be used as a football stadium, it would never come to fruition, as it's use would be limited, compared to the costs.

The one big thing is that Glanford Park is in and around fast food venues and a pub a stonesthrow away and most people spend their money there, and the club miss out on much needed revenue, it's unsustainable.

The new ground will have it's catering facilities on site so the club will see maximum profits from matchdays.

Also, selling off the Glanford Park plot and surround 4acres of land to

W_G would your new ground have a linked to the local area like ours or would they sell their soul to the highest Bidder???

Just a thought but one to avoid would be linking up with a well known Irish Airline!!!!

The Scunny Lingus Stadium

Now that would take some licking!!!!

Knowing our luck, it would bed after Michael Ball and Stewart Bagss.

Ball Bags Stadium ?

Also, with Russ Willcox as manager, we will then sign Neil Cox as assistant, we would then have the ground open 7 days a week to attract swingers, naturists from far and wide.

Living the dream folks.

Things could get very Messi !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast