+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Captain & Vice Captain

Currently the team is untried and untested. I don't have wild optimism yet. The captain being a centre back is pretty traditional but again he hasn't been one before, I don't think, so again, untried. Good luck to him.

So many sides at this level and above are untried and untested at this stage of the season that's the norm. As the majority of teams were unsuccessful last season so need changing up with plenty of fresh faces in an attempt to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    But if he is proved right who will be the tw-t then?
    If he is right, we will be too demoralised to care.

Happy with these choices - a lot of fans, myself included, would've chosen the same.

It signals a new team, a new look, a different dynamic out on the field - Great. My only slight reservation is that I trust it doesn't go to his head. Be vocal, passionate, motivational by all means but it doesn't make him any kind of boss when not between those four white lines - there are some senior pros around who could've been given that role as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    " I just pissed myself at your post " - I didn't realise just how big a tw*t you really are!!
    Youll be crying in a couple of weeks when you find we only have one fit CB if Rawlo or Cameron get crocked.
    I will forgive your stupid insults as childish banter. I say again we are wafer thin in areas but perhaps it will take us running into one of these crisis areas before the likes of you will realise.

With any team at our level key players getting crocked will ruin their plans. That argument does not work, we are not Man City and can never expect the back up to be as good. The same can be said for all other teams, if Mullin gets injured on day 1 Wrexham would have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I say again we are wafer thin in areas but perhaps it will take us running into one of these crisis areas before the likes of you will realise.
    There does seem to be some areas where we don't have quality cover, but the loan market can be used to address that. I think it's better to have a smaller squad, because if the injury crisis doesn't happen we will be spending the budget on squad fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    With any team at our level key players getting crocked will ruin their plans. That argument does not work, we are not Man City and can never expect the back up to be as good. The same can be said for all other teams, if Mullin gets injured on day 1 Wrexham would have the same issue.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There does seem to be some areas where we don't have quality cover, but the loan market can be used to address that. I think it's better to have a smaller squad, because if the injury crisis doesn't happen we will be spending the budget on squad fillers.
    And this is the sensible approach.

Burchnall stated post match, he wants a settled squad and will go to the loan market if required.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Youll be crying in a couple of weeks when you find we only have one fit CB if Rawlo or Cameron get crocked.
    I will forgive your stupid insults as childish banter. I say again we are wafer thin in areas but perhaps it will take us running into one of these crisis areas before the likes of you will realise.
    The manager/club’s view is clearly that Brindley and Chicksen are centre backs first and foremost. Whether they’re right about that is another matter, but that’s obviously how we see it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast