+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Groups

Fans Groups

It’s early days I know, but surely it’s only a matter of time before some strongly worded letters etc are submitted to the club/owner regarding the rising concerns surrounding the running of OUR club?

Because one things for sure now that our loyal fan base is allowed back into the ground, all be it in limited numbers, there will be no bidding our disappointment.

they wont be as no one has a contact for MO it all goes through TA

Dusf

I've written to DUSF this morning, here is the text... .

Hi xxxx, hope this finds you well. I continue to be very happy to contribute albeit a small monthly amount and will continue to do so. (I also have 2 season tickets which are donated to United in the Community)
    However like many fans I have concerns about the club "project" with TA apparently in sole control, a rookie coach and the extensions of player contracts who I consider not good enough for Dundee United and consequently taking up budget that could be used for better quality.
    Does DUSF have any plans to review direct current contributions to the club given much of the supporter base share these concerns? Sorry for the text but wasn't sure of the email address to voice this on.
    Just to add, at least one poster on United forums has raised the idea of starting a fighting fund now in order to buy the club back from Administration. Dramatic but perhaps astute.
    Kind regards, xxxx

The kisses are awful affectionate. 💋😘😍

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The kisses are awful affectionate. 💋😘😍
    The forum's anonymous or so I thought, maybe should have used y's though 😎

Response is here....

Thanks for your email and I hope you are well. Not a good result or performance yesterday. Hopefully the following clarification of the DUSF position will put your mind at rest. The Foundation members have twice voted on proposal to pass £100k to the Club to assist during the pandemic. The second of these votes took place in January. The detailed proposal at that time (agree by 99% of all members who voted) contained a clause stating that this would be the last financial assistance provide to the Club of this nature. So, in effect there is no member mandate or Steering Group proposal in place to pass any more monies to the Club. The vote proposal also noted that any future funding would be based on enduring, bricks-an-mortar projects that would bring permanent benefit to DUFC (e.g. an Academy building of facility). Furthermore, there are no current plans to put proposals to members. Put simply, members would need to vote on any future funding for the Club and there are no current plans to put any votes to members. This last bit hopefully answers your second message I.e. whilst there is no plan for a 'fighting fund', you and the other 1,889 members continue to pay into the Foundation. This means our funds are growing and there are no current plans to give any funds to the Club. I hope this helps to clarify any concerns you might have.
    I forgot to add the most important rule in the DUSF constitution: monies can only be passed to the Club if our members vote in favour of this in a formal documented proposal.
    Arabest

Let there be no doubt that to a point i share the same concerns as your good self stoke, but one thing i am not picking up so far is any danger from administration. I understand that MO has put in a significant investment to get us to where we are just now, but he does not strike me as the kind of person to walk away part way through the experiment with sellable assets just breaking through.

I would hope that with figures ive seen mentioned on here, that MO will be asking the questions on why we only attained around the £1m mark for 3 players, when 2 of them together are arguably worth double that if one had been given the service!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    The forum's anonymous or so I thought, maybe should have used y's though 😎
    You should've used zzzz's to match the sh*t show of a performance yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Let there be no doubt that to a point i share the same concerns as your good self stoke, but one thing i am not picking up so far is any danger from administration. I understand that MO has put in a significant investment to get us to where we are just now, but he does not strike me as the kind of person to walk away part way through the experiment with sellable assets just breaking through.

I would hope that with figures ive seen mentioned on here, that MO will be asking the questions on why we only attained around the £1m mark for 3 players, when 2 of them together are arguably worth double that if one had been given the service!
    Spot on. Weve managed to halve the valuation of our best outfield player by playing hoofball.

Regards the finances, in theory we should not have a problem but in life as in football things can change very quickly. The Fun financial experts know this and being prepared with a large supporter generated sum in hand is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    they wont be as no one has a contact for MO it all goes through TA
    Ano mate. Maybe Shld have added TA’s name in thread too. Just seen on other thread that Stokies contacted DUSF regarding concerns.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)