+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No new strikers

No new strikers

Here we are, 16 days into the transfer window and still no new strikers. This when we all know, including the Fat Northerner and the Chuckle Brothers, that we are desperate for fire power. You would think, given this fact, the professional thing to do would be to have deals set up, ready to be signed at midnight on 31st Dec. But no, another example of mismanagement, on the same level that saw us with only Miaga at the start of the season. It's 16 days wasted! I never thought I would see the day Hull would be more attractive to play for than my great club. Jelavic and Long are both better than what we've got, yet we didn't bother trying to sign them. The Chuckle Brothers are trying to do it on the cheap, that's why we're struggling to sign anyone. Brum fans warned us, how right they were.

re: No new strikers

Keep your hair on mate!
    I know where you're coming from BUT in a few days time we could have either Gyan, Traore, Lambert, Lescott (ok, not a striker) or all of them?

I think the board actually have their heads screwed on this time and know the bobby moore so we'll be ok. This is probably one of the most important transfer periods ever for us because of what is at stake with the OS etc.

COYI!

I do believe a new signing came on in after 72 mins last Saturday and a striker taboot.

According to macdonald allardyce is trying to tie up a striker as we speak so keep the faith fella
    As for jelavic and long they may be better than maiga but definately not carroll and cole and definately not worth 7m each.

Carroll, considered as a new striker? F@ck we are clutching at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsides
    Carroll, considered as a new striker? F@ck we are clutching at straws.
    Well Cardiff was the first appearance since we signed him so he is a new striker.

Technically it was his debut as a West Ham player, long awaited granted.

Apparently Ravel is a striker now

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsides
    Here we are, 16 days into the transfer window and still no new strikers. This when we all know, including the Fat Northerner and the Chuckle Brothers, that we are desperate for fire power. You would think, given this fact, the professional thing to do would be to have deals set up, ready to be signed at midnight on 31st Dec. But no, another example of mismanagement, on the same level that saw us with only Miaga at the start of the season. It's 16 days wasted! I never thought I would see the day Hull would be more attractive to play for than my great club. Jelavic and Long are both better than what we've got, yet we didn't bother trying to sign them. The Chuckle Brothers are trying to do it on the cheap, that's why we're struggling to sign anyone. Brum fans warned us, how right they were.
    Or perhaps on the other hand other club(s) involved were not ready to do business on day 1 of the transfer window. In any case how do you hav

Kirkup you have to at some point admit that G & S have made mistakes.

Why not have a dig at David Gold who told everyone that a striker would be signed wthin 48 hours of the transfer window opening up.

Or David Sullivan who also claimed the same, only this time that it would be two top signings within 48 hours.

16 January now and the only signing is a failed league 1 player on a short term contract.

It would seem to some on here that our manager and owners can do nothing wrong and if you are frustrated at what is going on both on the pitch and off then you are a whinger and not a proper fan.

BonzosBest post the other day was spot on.

PS before you say well problems with transfers do happen, that is correct. Best not then tell all and sundry that you will sign 2 within 48 hours.

Dont announce that and no one can call you out on it. Not for the first time they have cocked things up in the old PR department. Wont be the last ethier.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)