+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: League Cup group match 4: ABERDEEN v Raith Rovers

Richardson would be better if our midfield would get ball moving quicker, get their heads up and see the positions and space he gets himself into.
    Thought young Hancock had good game, deserved his ovation.

Which is another good thing.

The crowd were excellent, extremely positive and appreciative.

It's great to see decent signings, but it's also great to see youngsters coming through and grabbing their chance.

Hancock was indeed very good today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    They've been playing decent opposition & plenty of them.
    Yesterday they beat Norwich 2-0
    & Norwich are a superior side to us.

I think we'll lose by 4 or 5

After seeing today's effort.

I'd previously thought only by by a couple.
    Were we a worse team last season? A resounding yes, even though today's performance had shades of us last year I'll give you that. With an awful team and a dodgy manager we didn't lose by more than goal 2-1, 2-1, 3-2. Not sure why suddenly we're getting beat by 4 or 5, and asking how many Celtic would have scored in a game they didn't play in is ridiculous. Do you think we'll adopt the same approach? Defend with the same intensity?

We may well lose by 4 or 5...it can always happen against a pretty good Celtic side but we're in a better place than last year so give it a rest eh? Maybe stop watching Aberdeen until we get bought by a rich Saudi and we're outspending the uglies.

Three goals and another clean sheet, don't think these group games could have went any better for us. Been a good way to kick start the season and we have a very favourable game in the next round of the cup too.

To me everything looks more settled with the players looking happier and playing as a team and possibly one or two others still to come in.

I have no expectation of much from the league opener, but I do think we are looking a lot more solid than we did at any point last season and have a lot of optimism for the upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    With Conso and Ojo gone, have The Loud Voices decided on their scapegoat/fuuckpig /piley-on player for this season yet?

It’s best to know these things early on.
    I agree. It's important we know who to blame when the first defeat comes, whether it is a 10-0 humping at the tattiedome or an lucky 89th minute winner for them, some unlucky player is going to have to shoulder the responsibility.

Maybe NMN could do a thread with a bottle of his finest wine for whoever picks the correct season 22-23 AFC scapegoat of the year or could possibly donate the wine as a new category in the actual player of the season awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Maybe stop watching Aberdeen until we get bought by a rich Saudi and we're outspending the uglies.
    Sources suggest it could be a prince by the name of Sheik Maheed.

With Conso and Ojo gone, have The Loud Voices decided on their scapegoat/fuuckpig /piley-on player for this season yet?

It’s best to know these things early on.
    Marley Watkins, Joe Lewis and David Bates….that’s just a starter to get you on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Which is another good thing.

The crowd were excellent, extremely positive and appreciative.

It's great to see decent signings, but it's also great to see youngsters coming through and grabbing their chance.

Hancock was indeed very good today.
    Hancock looked decent today….good to see the young lads doing well. Hopefully he keeps progressing and gets better as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Marley Watkins, Joe Lewis and David Bates….that’s just a starter to get you on your way.
    An early entry for Predictable Boring Attention-Seeking Dick Of The Season right here.

An early entry for Predictable Boring Attention-Seeking Dick Of The Season right here.
    Don’t go in the huff….you asked a question and got an answer. Good to see I still annoy you though

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast