+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I am very happy to report BT that Mr & Mrs Outwood are both fine. Whether one of us still feels like that come 5pm tomorrow remains to be seen.
    I'm genuinely glad to hear that outwood and I can't wait for another "footie meetup".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm genuinely glad to hear that outwood and I can't wait for another "footie meetup".
    Just waiting for jab 2 now but I was told this would probably be in 10-12 weeks time. I doubt whether we will see fans back in Turf Moor this season. I am looking forward very much though to a meet up.

August looks the best bet outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Mrs Outwood and I have both had the AstraZeneca first jab.
    I had the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday, Mrs S went this morning and had the AstraZeneca, they've run out of Pfizer for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    August looks the best bet outwood.
    It probably is BT, certain politicians, not Boris or Rishi, and the Mad Scientists of Sage are determined to string this out as long as possible. On the Wednesday this week briefing one of the Mad Scientists actually said he thought we might be past the peak.

FFS, the number of cases peaked on 29th December, hospital admissions peaked on 12th January, deaths peaked on 19th January, all those dates given the time lag, indicating that the virus had peaked and the 3rd wave (or was it the 2nd wave, who knows) was receding by the end of December, well before Lockdown 3 which didn't start until January 5th, could have had any effect on it. But it was 3rd February before one of the Mad Scientists seemed to notice.

They're still claiming it was Lockdown 3 wot did it, but they're taking the piss.

Oh dear!

COVID-19: Here’s why global travel is unlikely to resume ‘till 2024

But as millions of Israelis have “given a shoulder” to make the country safer, it is becoming more apparent that even if the entire Israeli population is immunized, this will not mean life will return to its 2019 reality.

This will be especially true when it comes to opening the skies and resuming international travel in any significant quantity or of any quality.
    To do that, “we need to immunize all countries of the world,” explained Lancet editor-in-chief Richard Horton to The Jerusalem Post. “To reach herd immunity, about two-thirds of the world population – four billion to five billion people – need to be vaccinated. Each person has to have two doses – that is 10 billion doses of the vaccine.”

As such, the pandemic will not be solved by spring 2021, health experts said. It will not be over in 2022. And according to the most optimistic predictions, the skies will only really begin to open, and travel and tourism will resume, sometime between 2023 and 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Oh dear!

COVID-19: Here’s why global travel is unlikely to resume ‘till 2024

But as millions of Israelis have “given a shoulder” to make the country safer, it is becoming more apparent that even if the entire Israeli population is immunized, this will not mean life will return to its 2019 reality.

This will be especially true when it comes to opening the skies and resuming international travel in any significant quantity or of any quality.
    To do that, “we need to immunize all countries of the world,” explained Lancet editor-in-chief Richard Horton to The Jerusalem Post. “To reach herd immunity, about two-thirds of the world population – four billion to five billion people – need to be vaccinated. Each person has to have two doses – that is 10 billion doses of the vaccine.”

As such, the pandemic will not be solved by spring 2021, health experts said. It will not be over in 2022. And according to the most optimistic predictions, the skies will only really begin to open, and travel and tourism will resume, sometime between 2023 and 2024.
    They've got us by the short and curlies Balan, and they're not inclined to relinquish that grip. Over here we've had the 4,000 deaths a day prediction, never happened but we still got Lockdown 2, the Christmas surge, never happened, the mutant strain which was more infectious and 30% more deadly, peaked before the end of December, but we still had Lockdown 3, to which, although we're five weeks past the peak, there is no end in sight, and now we have deadly variants from abroad arriving by the plane load, necessitating quarantine hotels and house to house testing. You really wonder what it will be next, but they'll think of something, there's no doubt about that.

Having my vaccination tomorrow afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Oh dear!

yes...because there's a bigger picture balam...This is a System Reset - and Convid, a destructive weapon of control to help speed it along ...it should be obvious, a virus not isolated or purified, a test that is not a diagnostics tool , the mysterious disappeared flu - "Vaccines" that are nothing of the sort - endless propoganda - a controlled media -restricted freedom of speech, and all for what...the "new normal"...conflicting information and doublespeak , social isolation - global economic mayhem - and a tracking system passport, injected into slavish reliance.....and who knows - perhaps big pharma will own you.

Norder : Yes my friend ,are we not in the age of Capitalism ,were business is driven by profit motivation? That is why before I think all societies should be lead by spiritual moralist's, following a Consumer based economics ,not profit motivated.
    The socio-economic theory Prout advocates regional self reliance owned and managed businesses, local control of large scale key industries, and limits on the individual accumulation of excessive wealth.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)