+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additional Income ????

Additional Income ????

As season ticket holders, except for those in the Centenary Bar who paid an extra 25% this season, supporters have enjoyed "rise free" admissions for the last three seasons.
    While we accept this gesture from the club any treasurer of any Club will advise that rather than hold the prices, a small rise of say A£10.00
    (approx. 50p per game) per year would have been more acceptable than one of say A£40.00 when the prices are increased.
    I also feel that the club should look at their generosity in handing out Complimentary Tickets.
    Twice this season my mate and I have been about to pay at the gate when we were EACH handed two tickets, and on another occasion we were offered single tickets from three other individuals.
    So, how many "freebies" are issued on match days ...I would hazard a guess that with players from both teams and the coaches etc. all receiving say four each the the figure must be around the around the 150 mark.
    My nephew plays for a Premier League Club and he is given two bo

re: Additional Income ????

[quote="jwess" admissions for the last three seasons.
    While we accept this gesture from the club any treasurer of any Club will advise that rather than hold the prices, a small rise of say Ai10.00
    (approx. 50p per game) per year would have been more acceptable than one of say Ai40.00 when the prices are increased.
    I also feel that the club should look at their generosity in handing out Complimentary Tickets.
    Twice this season my mate and I have been about to pay at the gate when we were EACH handed two tickets, and on another occasion we were offered single tickets from three other individuals.
    So, how many "freebies" are issued on match days ...I would hazard a guess that with players from both teams and the coaches etc. all receiving say four each the the figure must be around the around the 150 mark.
    My nephew plays for a

I would have thought that a rise of £40-45 would strike the right balance if we also charged for the first cup game. Also increase concessionary age from 60 to 65.

do most people not go for the early bird prices which are further reduced again on the already frozen standard prices ?

Do you know who was it that handed the free tickets to you, and which gate were you entering?

I think you're missing jwess's point a wee bit steviex. My view (and his I think), is had the club put a tenner on season tickets for the past 3 seasons, revenue would've upped 75-100K with no reaction from fans. However, if there's now a rise of 40-50 quid that's a different argument, and some will jump ship IMO.
    I believe our board do many things right, but freezing prices for 3 seasons is seriously flawed. We've had a core season ticket support of around 3-4,000 these past 4 years, so did the board think we'd fekk off if the price went up a tenner or so a season?

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    I think you're missing jwess's point a wee bit steviex. My view (and his I think), is had the club put a tenner on season tickets for the past 3 seasons, revenue would've upped 75-100K with no reaction from fans. However, if there's now a rise of 40-50 quid that's a different argument, and some will jump ship IMO.
    I believe our board do many things right, but freezing prices for 3 seasons is seriously flawed.
    Irrespective of what has happened in the past few seasons, and don't forget there's been a recession during which most folk's wages have been frozen or cut, we are where we are. The past is history.

Going forward, wages have now stabilised or are beginning to increase. What is the club to do about season ticket prices? No increase, 10% hike or more? That is the question facing our Board of Directors.

i understand the idea behind increase season tickets, but this is not going to cure the problem. Yes, increases to keep in touch with inflation would have been ideal. But, i think still a risky idea during the bad times of 2010, 2011 when things were very rough.

What must be done is to be more creative and look for NEW money and not increase the existing income. Core fans only have a finite disposal and even a 30% increase (~£100) wouldn't fix this long term. By fixing the product league wide and being more competitive, you have something more people who are not motherwell fans would want to watch. As such you have more "eyes" to advertise too and commercial opportunities. This is where the real money comes from... business. they have more money than any group of fans would have.

I also think that for the remainder of the season (except celtic ) an away ticket gets you two kids in free, just like the cooper. I'd rather have a free kid on a seat than fresh air. At least they m

Thanks to SIEB 1886. That was my point which I obviously did not make clear.
    The gate we use is adjacent to the gate for season and complimentary tickets holders.
    No one identified who had given them the comps. but where we ended up sitting on each occasion was amongst 'Well fans not amongst visiting supporters,so I can only assume that they came from our own allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    I believe our board do many things right, but freezing prices for 3 seasons is seriously flawed. We've had a core season ticket support of around 3-4,000 these past 4 years, so did the board think we'd fekk off if the price went up a tenner or so a season?
    Fair Point...

[quote="Sup3rw3ll"]i understand the idea behind increase season tickets, but this is not going to cure the problem. Yes, increases to keep in touch with inflation would have been ideal. But, i think still a risky idea during the bad times of 2010, 2011 when things were very rough.

What must be done is to be more creative and look for NEW money and not increase the existing income. Core fans only have a finite disposal and even a 30% increase (~AA?100) wouldn't fix this long term. By fixing the product league wide and being more competitive, you have something more people who are not motherwell fans would want to watch. As such you have more "eyes" to advertise too and commercial opportunities. This is where the real money comes from... business. they have more money than any group of fans would have.

I also think that for the remainder of the season (except celtic ) an away ticket gets you two kids in free, just like the cooper. I'd rather have a f

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)