+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Arnason be playing at CB?

Should Arnason be playing at CB?

I know this has been discussed before but I felt the need to bring it up again.

Technically I don't think there is any doubt that Arnason is a great player, one of the best I have seen in a Millers shirt. As a central defender however, I can't help but see him as a liability! He has a tendency to keep hold of the ball longer than a centre back should and some of his passing is questionable at times to say the least.

He reminds me of a poor mans David Luiz at Chelsea, talented but too eccentric to be the last line of defence before the keeper. Arnasons best position for me is defensive midfielder, where he can express himself on the ball and if he gives it away, there are players behind to cover.

re: Should Arnason be playing at CB?

Looked like he'd had been on the lash or something yesterday..slower than usual..didnt look that bothered..and got caught napping twice..

So wot your saying is u want to play a footballer in midfield who can't pass a ball to a red shirt. He's a liability in any position

Put it this way, if anyone comes in with a bid for him in January, I would take it. He and O'Connor are the 2 most over-rated players in the squad IMO.

NYSRich, contender for worst reply to a post in 2014, in fact any year

I've always said it, plays better in midfield and if he makes a mistake then there is cover at back at least.

If someone should go then yes it's Arnason.

If you don't do favourites or hate a player then you actually see the real game and not through rose tinted glasses :/

How many goals has Arnason cost us this year? He is a liability. My point about selling him is in the context of him being out of contract in the summer. As for O'Connor - a yellow card waiting to happen, goals to shots ratio is appalling, not done it for me this season I'm afraid. I am not saying either player is bad, just over-rated. IMO of course.

As a matter of interest, who would you say our most over-rated player(s) is/are?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    NYSRich, contender for worst reply to a post in 2014, in fact any year
    Not really because he is right about Arnie

Says it all really. Anyone who thinks Arnie is crap doesn't understand football at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heman
    Says it all really. Anyone who thinks Arnie is crap doesn't understand football at all.
    Try reading the threads before you comment or try specsavers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast