+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: O/T Its surprising how people vote

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Clearly not SB, I attempted to answer a genuine misconception from a long standing poster on here with an answer based on my personal experience. The fact that the reality doesn't align with your bigoted view on the subject seems to have wound you up, much to the delight of your friend 'Ziles' who couldn't wait to jump onto the bandwagon.

As you can't speak from personal experience and I can maybe it would have been better for you to listen and learn.

As for me being middle class, you know nothing about me, or my background. I'm as far from being middle class as you are, but I'll leave it there because it's pointless interacting with someone who clearly knows it all even when they don't.

I won't respond to your posts again SB on this or anything else. I wish you well.
    Tharra bigot
    Tha wound up
    Thee listen and learn
    Tha knows nowt

I defer to your better intellect Red Flagged. Sleep well.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Tharra bigot
    Tha wound up
    Thee listen and learn
    Tha knows nowt

I defer to your better intellect Red Flagged. Sleep well.

How bloody dare he accuse us of being friends
    He obviously doesn't read this forum very thoroughly
    Wonder if he would think the same if I happened to disagree with you
    I happen to share the same view if that's ok
    BTW I am quite conversant with the principle of company cars having had one for years & I know why I chose one
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.

So did you feel that you were scamming the public purse in accepting a company car?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So did you feel that you were scamming the public purse in accepting a company car?

That's the problem with society today. In the good old days Tories could make statements to protect their privileges like the sacrifices they have to make to own a company car, help the NHS by going private, take the pressure off state education by sending their children to private schools etc, and as long as it was phrased in an authoritative style and written in flowery language then the plebs would swallow it and believe it. Nowadays the plebs seem to think they have the right to challenge what we (the Tories) say. It's getting to be like this in all aspects of life. Oh for a return to the 1950's when we middle classes never had it so good and the plebs role was to listen and learn from their betters.

I don't think anyone has an issue with people challenging what they perceive to be inequalities - I certainly don't.

I think the issue is that expressing an opinion comes with the responsibility to be willing to make an argument based on facts rather than prejudice and accepting that others might disagree.

Is your issue with private health care simply dissatisfaction that some people can afford it when others can't?

And when did you accept that others might disagree
    Next time will be the first
    In your world Kerr everything comes down to affording & of course you have absolutely no prejudices at all do you
    As I said before what an abject excuse for a human being you are

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    And when did you accept that others might disagree
    Next time will be the first
    In your world Kerr everything comes down to affording & of course you have absolutely no prejudices at all do you
    As I said before what an abject excuse for a human being you are
    You are seriously suggesting that I am intolerant to people who disagree with me? That's a bit rich. Check back through the thread and see who it was who became abusive because they encountered views they didn't agree with. It wasn’t me, Exile.

‘Affording’ is a reality of life. I would imagine that you have a household budget and are aware of what happens if you exceed it. It’s the same with government spending – you say that the NHS can be paid for if there is a will. A will is all well and good, but determining where the money is going to come from is rather more important. Failing to do that leaves you in the dream world of Labour policy where they blithely promise to nationalise the utilities, fund the NHS, fund social care and spend £7 to 11bn per year paying tuition fees to buy middle class votes.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You are seriously suggesting that I am intolerant to people who disagree with me? That's a bit rich. Check back through the thread and see who it was who became abusive because they encountered views they didn't agree with. It wasn’t me, Exile.

‘Affording’ is a reality of life. I would imagine that you have a household budget and are aware of what happens if you exceed it. It’s the same with government spending – you say that the NHS can be paid for if there is a will. A will is all well and good, but determining where the money is going to come from is rather more important. Failing to do that leaves you in the dream world of Labour policy where they blithely promise to nationalise the utilities, fund the NHS, fund social care and spend £7 to 11bn per year paying tuition fees to buy middle class votes.
    That's all well and good trashing the Labour project but I see nothing coming from the government in the way of idea's and the will to implement them .

Last week the PM made a speech about housing , we need to build more , which suggests enough aren't getting built , she couldn't be more wrong in my opinion .

The amount of houses getting built reconciles with the amount of people who can afford them , what is the point of building new homes when first time buyers can't afford them ? , how does this solve anything ?

The right thing to do is to build more social housing , that's what the young people are crying out for , a home they can afford .

This of course doesn't chime with Tory policy does it ?

Many young people realise owning a home is going to be a big ask given wage deflation and ever increasing house prices .

The right thing to do or follow the Thatcher 1980's model ?

Even 1950's tory governments carried on building social housing in there thousands because there was a need .

The answer seems pretty clear to me .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 12-03-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's all well and good trashing the Labour project but I see nothing coming from the government in the way of idea's and the will to implement them .

Last week the PM made a speech about housing , we need to build more , which suggests enough aren't getting built , she couldn't be more wrong in my opinion .

The amount of houses getting built reconciles with the amount of people who can afford them , what is the point of building new homes when first time buyers can't afford them ? , how does this solve anything ?

The right thing to do is to build more social housing , that's what the young people are crying out for , a home they can afford .

This of course doesn't chime with Tory policy does it ?

Many young people realise owning a home is going to be a big ask given wage deflation and ever increasing house prices .

The right thing to do or follow the Thatcher 1980's model ?

Even 1950's tory governments carried on building social housing in there thousands because there was a need .

The answer seems pretty clear to me .
    i dont see councils jumping in a building new homes theres nothing to stop them they were like lightning in hand them over to housing associations to get them of the books.
    as for house building its clear that loads need to be built but the house builders are sitting on the land waiting for house prices to rise in that area b4 they build this is what needs to stop they need to be made to build the houses within a certain amount of time when they get building permissions.
    the maths is simple build more the prices come down but the house builders dont want this to happen.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast