+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Theres a geme this weekend - Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Agree, but we need to stop making our life difficult, by creating our own problems! Against “lesser” teams (such as Hamilton) we need to be on the front foot from the start, otherwise we run the risk of them scoring, and us NOT turning it around!
    No issue with us setting up to defend and try and hit on the break against the better teams, but only against those teams!
    We got out of jail today, but that approach will not work often FFS!
    Hamilton aren't a lesser team though,we still have to beat them just like all the other bottom 7 teams.

Livingston are only 2 places above Hamilton and are 8 points behind us and also have a worse goal difference than us but totally out played us when they beat us at Tannadice earlier this season so who is the lesser team???

If we finish best or even one of the best bottom 8 clubs then ill be happy as fk.......plenty time left in the season for Hamilton to go on a wee run and unchange their lesser team tag then that might make the 3 points today even more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Hamilton aren't a lesser team though,we still have to beat them just like all the other bottom 7 teams.

Livingston are only 2 places above Hamilton and are 8 points behind us and also have a worse goal difference than us but totally out played us when they beat us at Tannadice earlier this season so who is the lesser team???

If we finish best or even one of the best bottom 8 clubs then ill be happy as fk.......plenty time left in the season for Hamilton to go on a wee run and unchange their lesser team tag then that might make the 3 points today even more important.
    I class those “lesser” teams as the teams we are in direct competitiveness to survive, so win, loss or draw is critical to our (hopeful) survival this season. Their past performance does not concern me, but based on recent performance, it should have been “an easy win for us today”! I get, that there are no such things, but in my opinion, we set up wrongly to achieve our goal, and that is the biggest concern to me! Yeah we got there in the end, but will not always be that lucky, so being pro-active is my preferred approach!! Arabest.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    agreed also but what i will say is MM is getting away with murder with the fans not being there
    Fifth in the league with this squad is 'getting away with murder'. Are you for real? Last season it was a valid complaint that we were p1sh to watch, this season I couldn't care less as long as we keep winning. We can think about entertainment next season.

Oh..im a good old rebel. Up the terrors��.

3 points against. Up the terrors. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Fifth in the league with this squad is 'getting away with murder'. Are you for real? Last season it was a valid complaint that we were p1sh to watch, this season I couldn't care less as long as we keep winning. We can think about entertainment next season.
    yes totally for real and you know i am. Fact is the decisions of MM and lack of urgency in games would have been scrutinised by the home support had we all be there. 5th in the league or not do you honestly think there would have been no backlash from fans at games such as Livingston?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    yes totally for real and you know i am. Fact is the decisions of MM and lack of urgency in games would have been scrutinised by the home support had we all be there. 5th in the league or not do you honestly think there would have been no backlash from fans at games such as Livingston?
    Possibly in that match but I tend to find (aside from the moaning that goes on from individuals during a match) the fans as a whole at Tannadice are very supportive.

This is the league form since the Livingston game which to be frank we were bullied and overrun in.

It been shut up shop, hard work, difficult to beat and actually getting results.

This type of football is turgid on the eye but MM has went to this approach for a reason. He has sorted out a weak defence. There was a danger we could have gone in to freefall. I would hope that as our position has become more secure we will see a more expansive game and provide ammunition for a proven striker who should get his form back and another one who is nearing full match fitness. I expect next week we wont be bullied by Livingston in the way were last time.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    This is the league form since the Livingston game which to be frank we were bullied and overrun in.

It been shut up shop, hard work, difficult to beat and actually getting results.

This type of football is turgid on the eye but MM has went to this approach for a reason. He has sorted out a weak defence. There was a danger we could have gone in to freefall. I would hope that as our position has become more secure we will see a more expansive game and provide ammunition for a proven striker who should get his form back and another one who is nearing full match fitness. I expect next week we wont be bullied by Livingston in the way were last time.
    The reason MM has gone for this approach is that he has had no option with the squad that he has inherited. No time or probably money either to do much in the summer with all the Hearts carry on. The football may be garbage at the moment but I think he's worked a miracle with that squad to have us sitting where we are.

When we were in free fall and the fat lady was warming her vocals at Mixu we would have taken turgid displays if it meant staying up.
    I agree we need to improve and would hope Mellon doesn't need any fans in the stadium to point that out. I do stand by my point that the way this would have been pointed out may well have made Mellons job harder.
    Whilst at times he may be too positive for some, his approach has seen the team gather points in a season where its absolutely crucial to do so.

However I totally agree with everyone who says it is crucial the way we are gathering them has to be in the manner of a team performance we all grew up watching and have come to expect.

Survival = confidence + money + a we are back reputation, which should help recruit players of the standard we would expect.

If we are 5th playing pish then god help the rest of the league when we get the better players needed who are brave and good enough to play the Utd way.

Cup still more than half full here

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)