+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 104 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I like the first and last options of that management team, but not the middle one.
    Even with the best defence in the league? Surely you have to admit he's got that right?

Why is it absurd to think the Cowleys wouldn't come?
    Are they untouchable because they managed Huddersfield? Plenty of Managers have been sacked & come down a league or 2 to manage.

Gary Flitcroft was hard done by at the Stags. Laddo doesn't like him cos of his boring interviews but they don't win games. Done reasonably well at Bury Barnsley & Stags
    Graham Alexander shown the door by Salford, was doing ok

Some Managers just don't click at one club. Bournemouth being an example, went to PNE, was dire, went back was as success again

"A" Want Notts out of this cesspit league. Can sack him after he has got us up
    Last edited by irishpete; 05-03-2021 at 05:09 AM.

I haven't read much of this thread but get the gist..

I'm dissatisfied with Ardley, a lot of what he does is really frustrating...
    But we all know he's going to be given the chance to finish the job his way, right? And we can be pretty sure what'll happen if he doesn't (he'll be a gonna), so all these pages and pages of musing are a waste of time and effort really.

What's more likely - he succeeds or he falls short? It's probably the latter, isn't it?
    Play-off games will be against good, solid sides not Oxford City or Dagenham, so the side will have to raise their game and overcome adversity to prevail and have the right playing schemes and mental strength to do so.
    If Ardley stumbles on a winning formula and first 11 then we have a chance...I guess this is what the Reedtz brothers hope for as well.

Conversely, the constant game failures and disappointments along the way mean that there will be no more patience with him if we fall short.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They weren't questions, the were the incomprehensible rantings of a desperate lunatic.

If you could translate them into English, I will happily give you an answer.
    It's the classic answering a question by not answering the question tactic and then throw another lie in ....

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Even with the best defence in the league? Surely you have to admit he's got that right?
    It's easier to have a good defensive record when the whole team is set up to defend.right from the forward line to the back four.
    However the cost of this is a poor scoring /attacking record.
    Sounds familiar....

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Are they untouchable because they managed Huddersfield? Plenty of Managers have been sacked & come down a league or 2 to manage.

Gary Flitcroft was hard done by at the Stags. Laddo doesn't like him cos of his boring interviews but they don't win games. Done reasonably well at Bury Barnsley & Stags

Some Managers just don't click at one club. Bournemouth being an example, went to PNE, was dire, went back was as success again

An experienced manager that could hit the ground running flitcroft fits the bill nicely.
    For me though (and I've said it before) Gary waddock is your man.
    Has experience in this league and the football league and is a respected coach.
    Plays the football Ardley is trying to encourage but his teams have done it better , they have plenty of attacking movement off the ball.(from what I've seen when they have played us in the past)
    The outsider for me would be tisdale.
    Given time and backing who's to say he couldn't achieve what he did at Exeter, but it would be imperative he was given the time that Ardley has been graced with.
    There is no reason why he couldn't drop a league as a decent manager would back himself to get us out of this league with the facilities and backing at his disposal.
    Some might say one of the easiest jobs in football.

Ps..there is someone on countymad (sorry forgot who you are) who has contacts at aldershot,could you maybe comment on what they(aldershot) thought of him as a manager?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    It's easier to have a good defensive record when the whole team is set up to defend.right from the forward line to the back four.
    However the cost of this is a poor scoring /attacking record.
    Sounds familiar....
    You're spot on there, Pedro. Pass it sideways, pass it back, pass to midfield, rinse and repeat. Oops! A missed pass! Pressure's on lads, everybody back!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He's got the defensive part right, fair enough it requires 1 to 11 to buy in but nobody not even the most #noagenda supporters out there can claim otherwise. Their usual tactic is to to just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    It's the classic answering a question by not answering the question tactic and then throw another lie in ....
    Ok so the promise failed early. Forget it, let's go back to the norm for everyone's enjoyment.

Oh the ironing coming from you. I must have answered close to 100 questions from you, you fire them out like confetti.

Obviously when I ask questions back its not quite the same story. As Henry Kelly would say "you're playing catch up".

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post

Can't see it but would absolutely loved be the Cowleys for all the obvious reasons.

Flitcroft is a no for me, he was in some people's eyes hard done by at Field Mill. But in a lot of Stags fans eyes (and mine) he choked badly when he first took over and amazingly failed to get them even a playoff spot. The next season he bottled the playoffs, sound familiar? We don't like that here.

Alexander I haven't seen enough of but on paper I would take.

Some good suggestions so far.

Page 104 of 139 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast