+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shick, Vlahovic & Ekitike

Shick, Vlahovic & Ekitike

With Wood on the books we are a solid experienced relegation dog-fighter of a striker. A great signing to help us in our current predicament. So long as he stays fit and Wilson gets back to fitness we have two genuine goal threats in the squad now.

Shick is arguably up the with Vlahovic as the hottest striking target in europe right now. An amazing player 19 goals in 17 games this season (or something similarly amazing). A great striker but I really don't think that he will come to the dog fight of survival.

Vlahovic - a player who styles himself of Zlatan has absolutely zero interest in coming to Newcastle in Jan. The guy will go to a CL club in summer. A Real Madrid etc. Would love to see him in toon but I just don't see it as likely.

Young Ekitike has all the attributes to become a worldie by all accounts from all the scouts and football people who have watched him since he exploded onto the scene in August.

Of the 3:

Shick is a ready made, off the shelf 25 yr old
    - someone to come in to a team already producing. With Wood & Wilson senior pros it would mean we have 3 seniors for 1 position if we continue to play with a lone striker however Howe does prefer to play with 2 up top. If it is the case then we are very light up top. Gayle will leave later in the window IF we get quality replacements through the door.

Vlahovic is light years ahead of other 22 yr olds - he is destined for the very top, sadly we are too late in our progress to be in the conversation realistically for a player of his calibre and arrogance.

Ekitike looks like the ideal signing for us in Jan. Even if we pay big big money, we blew 40m of N'JOLOKante (Joelinton), Ekitike is touted at around 35m Euro plus add-ons. With Wood in and Wilson back in a few weeks. The brief to this young lad would be - no stress, no pressure, just go out and play your football, have fun and see what happens.

In a shocker of a relegation battle it's a genuine opportunity for this young lad to come in and surprise everyone.

Here's hoping Ekitike & Diego Carlos are both on the plane today from their respective cities.

Have a Geordie belta of a day bonnie lads and lasses !

Can't see us signing Schick or Vlahovic but i'd be happy with Ekitike as he sounds like a great prospect.

Really need a centre back in asap though

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Can't see us signing Schick or Vlahovic but i'd be happy with Ekitike as he sounds like a great prospect.

Really need a centre back in asap though
    Fernandez and Schar against Watford possibly, Dummett back at right back? Back four of Trippier, Schwartz,Fernandez, Dummett doesn’t look bad to me? That assumes Ferdys ok now,fingers ��

Don't get the hype around Ekitike.

He was loaned out to a subtop club in Denmark in 2021, and though I didn't watch him play, I follow the league closely and didn't once read about him or heard his name reported. He could be a big talent, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket for next couple of seasons.

If we stay up, which Wood hopefully will help secure, we will need someone who can go in and make a direct impact to improve our quality and that way help attract better players in other areas.

Don't see why Vlahovic can't be that player - a starter at an ambitious club like NUFC is better than the bench at Real

Nice write up Rag.

Agree with your conclusions.

I think if we stay up we could get Shick in the summer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)