+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarets v Foxes postponed.

Clarets v Foxes postponed.

It's time we played this card.

Get the Hornets off too and regroup.

I thought this might happen, to be fair the squad last weekend was seriously depleted, other teams have done it so come on Sean get some new faces in, galvanise the whole club and get the team winning again.

May as well call off the Watford game as well until re inforcements arrive..

We might as well call the whole season off and accept relegation to the Championship. The owners, management team and players seem to have chucked the towel in anyway, so why bother to play any more games and risk spreading this deadly disease. Just call the whole lot off and accept our fate.

Yes. And about time too. Others teams have already pulled huge strokes getting games against us called off at the last minute. At least early postponements give fans time to make/unmake arrangements. Of course I cannot deny that in this case I have also been able to avoid writing a match preview. There have been scurrilous rumours of late that I have only been writing in my comfort zone anyway and that I would soon be off (not for financial reasons I assure you but purely the challenge!) to take up writing articles for a relegation rival. However there have been some concerns about the fate of journos who displease the putative owner of the said rival and I for one would sooner take the knee than have my editorial freedom so roundly curtailed. I will therefore be back at the wheel for our next stinging encounter v the Hornets unless one or the other or both or indeed somebody else intervenes to postpone it. I trust that all is now crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Yes. And about time too. Others teams have already pulled huge strokes getting games against us called off at the last minute. At least early postponements give fans time to make/unmake arrangements. Of course I cannot deny that in this case I have also been able to avoid writing a match preview. There have been scurrilous rumours of late that I have only been writing in my comfort zone anyway and that I would soon be off (not for financial reasons I assure you but purely the challenge!) to take up writing articles for a relegation rival. However there have been some concerns about the fate of journos who displease the putative owner of the said rival and I for one would sooner take the knee than have my editorial freedom so roundly curtailed. I will therefore be back at the wheel for our next stinging encounter v the Hornets unless one or the other or both or indeed somebody else intervenes to postpone it. I trust that all is now crystal clear.
    Not so quick Mr outwood, a representative from the Saudi Embassy has offered me a tidy sum to curtail your missives unless they are heavily weighted in the Toon's favour.

After a moment's reflection, I told him Clarets Mad cannot be held to ransom and bog off and bribe some other feckless crew.

Carry on Mr outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not so quick Mr outwood, a representative from the Saudi Embassy has offered me a tidy sum to curtail your missives unless they are heavily weighted in the Toon's favour.

After a moment's reflection, I told him Clarets Mad cannot be held to ransom and bog off and bribe some other feckless crew.

Carry on Mr outwood.
    Outwood --be very, very careful if BT is dealing with the Saudis ---remember Jamal Khashoggi!

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    I thought this might happen, to be fair the squad last weekend was seriously depleted, other teams have done it so come on Sean get some new faces in, galvanise the whole club and get the team winning again.
    Were we “seriously depleted” Mike 111? I looked at the line up, and whilst Lawton played out of position, they were all “regulars” from the PL. the bench may have been affected, but SD and IW rarely turn to the bench until it is too late and the match is lost.

That’s what worried me about last weekend. It is not as if we played a bunch of U23’s or even younger.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    May as well call off the Watford game as well until re inforcements arrive..
    Agree Alfin. Every one else is manipulating the rules. Why shouldn’t we?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Agree Alfin. Every one else is manipulating the rules. Why shouldn’t we?
    When I saw our game was off,the first thing I said to my Mrs was those sneaky Leicester gits have pleaded Covid again and when I read the article it was us who had called it off.😁 So yes why not ..I see there are a couple of managers having a dig at us insinuating we are cheating cnuts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)