+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mowatt

Mowatt

https://tinyurl.com/wfwedctd

Wow - another fantastic goal today! Mowatt really is exceptional and covers every blade of grass. Any thoughts on Dike who we seem to be linked with - is he decent?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

Wow - another fantastic goal today! Mowatt really is exceptional and covers every blade of grass. Any thoughts on Dike who we seem to be linked with - is he decent?
    Moeatt always puts a shift in. In my opinion, his negatives were that he could be a bit slow on occasions although he did start making up for this by his reading of the game. His set pieces weren't always up to scratch. But a good player.
    Dike, I'd buy him. Young and will only get better. Big, powerful and fast for his size. Good chance conversion rate in my opinion as well.

Glad your enjoying the hoof ball baggie , I'd rather forgotten what passing football looked like till I saw us today at lunchtime .

Hope Val's found a plan B this season , 42 games to go and all that .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Glad your enjoying the hoof ball baggie , I'd rather forgotten what passing football looked like till I saw us today at lunchtime .

Hope Val's found a plan B this season , 42 games to go and all that .

Thanks lads! Love Val and like his style. To be fair and no disrespect ( always liked Barnsley ) he squeezed everything out of your team and worked miracles with what he had. With a team that’s just come down from the Premier there will be more quality players to work some magic on the final ball - you would hope!

Just come back from Blackburn - we could have had five and Mowatt certainly was not slow! Even with the high press which is entertaining don’t think you will come unstuck if you have quality at the back and speed!

Love Val’s passion so impressed with him.

Really good luck to Barnsley and hope you do well. Bet you are gutted after that last second goal from Austin whose legs went when with us!

Mowatt has only two speeds - slow and stop.
    But he will run all day - I suppose he’s the football equivalent of a VW Beetle.
    And this is what supporters don’t see so much - he’s experienced and as such influences his teams mates on the field.
    Would I have him back - NO!!!
    We have a much more dynamic replacement in Benson.

As for Dike - if he was still here - and with the additions we have got this summer - then I’d be tipping us for promotion.

Cant wait to play you pal it'll be like a derby game for me that I'd lv to win.you should get promotion,any team that has a unfair advantage of parachute payments should finish top 6 at least.mowatts a good player but he's one of those faces ad lv to slap,i woulnt cos he's big val in his corner.enjoy your season and if you get to prem and val does well he'll leave to a bigger club and take your players and backroom staff wih him,were a work in progress,no debt,and hopefully pass the smallest team in birmingham in the not 2 distant future.

Thanks lads! Love Val and like his style. To be fair and no disrespect ( always liked Barnsley ) he squeezed everything out of your team and worked miracles with what he had. With a team that’s just come down from the Premier there will be more quality players to work some magic on the final ball - you would hope!

Just come back from Blackburn - we could have had five and Mowatt certainly was not slow! Even with the high press which is entertaining don’t think you will come unstuck if you have quality at the back and speed!

Really good luck to Barnsley and hope you do well. Bet you are gutted after that last second goal from Austin whose legs went when with us!
    Hand on heart Baggie and absolutely no axe to grind with Val , Mowatt or Albion and that's the truth .

All the best for this season .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Mowatt has only two speeds - slow and stop.
    But he will run all day - I suppose he’s the football equivalent of a VW Beetle.
    And this is what supporters don’t see so much - he’s experienced and as such influences his teams mates on the field.
    Would I have him back - NO!!!
    We have a much more dynamic replacement in Benson.

As for Dike - if he was still here - and with the additions we have got this summer - then I’d be tipping us for promotion.

Interesting! Look at Mowatt’s performances against Sheffield and today - he was anything but slow! The goals he scored were with pace!

It’s plain to see!! So we need to ask ourselves why? He certainly is not slow with us so perhaps it’s those around him!

After the dog s hit managers we have had - useless Darren Moore ( great player ) but awful awful manager it’s great to see Val with passion and the stance - my way or the high way!

Fans love Val here and plan B should be within a solid squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Cant wait to play you pal it'll be like a derby game for me that I'd lv to win.you should get promotion,any team that has a unfair advantage of parachute payments should finish top 6 at least.mowatts a good player but he's one of those faces ad lv to slap,i woulnt cos he's big val in his corner.enjoy your season and if you get to prem and val does well he'll leave to a bigger club and take your players and backroom staff wih him,were a work in progress,no debt,and hopefully pass the smallest team in birmingham in the not 2 distant future.
    Ps. We play you last game of season,what a game theyll be.lòoking forward to that mate.

Mowatt is slow baggie but he gets a job done. I hope, and I think you will, get promoted -good luck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast