+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot jeremy corbyn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post

As I said, IBS is the expert on Chomsky. As far as I’m concerned, the notion of an anarcho-syndicalist supporting any politician over another is like the chair of a Vegan Society saying they prefer Burger King to McDonalds.

Kerr - Did Chomsky say that "If I were British I would vote for Corbyn"? Yes or no?

There are videos of the interview online if you don't believe the report I linked to. You could even ask IBS if you like if you need help...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Kerr - Did Chomsky say that "If I were British I would vote for Corbyn"? Yes or no?

There are videos of the interview online if you don't believe the report I linked to. You could even ask IBS if you like if you need help...
    I have no doubt that he said it. I’m just surprised that he would given his view on politics. One assumes that it was an expression of opinion based upon a lesser of two evils type approach.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I have no doubt that he said it. I’m just surprised that he would given his view on politics. One assumes that it was an expression of opinion based upon a lesser of two evils type approach.
    It's more an acceptance that, as I said earlier, it's one thing to draw up detailed theories of mass media, it's flaws and where we'd like to go from here, and as you quite condescendingly put it having to live "back in the real world", and make whatever decisions we can do now, with what we have, that might move us (very long term) to where we'd like to be.

Or at least opposing the existing trend that is seeing the concentration of mass media influence falling increasingly into the hands of fewer people with interests not for the benefit of society overall.