+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sloth departs (quite quickly)

Probably saw the state of the league on Saturday and thought sod this.

Well, the Sloth situation is already a failure of recruitment. You can forgive 1, but 2 (if the same was to happen to Sam) could be pinned on Ardley and his team. This didn't happen even when it was Branston v Moniz

Sloth never looked like a good signing, whereas with Sam - there's still got to be a good chance (if Ardley starts managing to the team's attacking strengths)

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Well, the Sloth situation is already a failure of recruitment. You can forgive 1, but 2 (if the same was to happen to Sam) could be pinned on Ardley and his team. This didn't happen even when it was Branston v Moniz

Sloth never looked like a good signing, whereas with Sam - there's still got to be a good chance (if Ardley starts managing to the team's attacking strengths)
    From what limited bits we have seen of Sloth, I never though he looked like his 'heart was in it' or he was truly 'up for the challenge'. But, hasn't the same thing happened at other clubs with him? There's more than likely a decent player in there somewhere, it looks like motivation has been a problem for him for a while. No doubt he'll find somewhere where he feels settled.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    From what limited bits we have seen of Sloth, I never though he looked like his 'heart was in it' or he was truly 'up for the challenge'. But, hasn't the same thing happened at other clubs with him? There's more than likely a decent player in there somewhere, it looks like motivation has been a problem for him for a while. No doubt he'll find somewhere where he feels settled.
    yeah, good luck to him, I can understand...
    but if recruitment had got it right we wouldn't have wasted our time with him - can't even say 'worth a punt' with a player of that type

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Literally my only memory of Sloth is of him getting rag dolled off the ball while dallying in possession near the edge of our own area. He's played international football so he must be a good player but I'm fairly sure he's not what we need and I think we might have just dodged a David Vaughan style bullet.

Let's hope the milk bill has been paid!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Literally my only memory of Sloth is of him getting rag dolled off the ball while dallying in possession near the edge of our own area. He's played international football so he must be a good player but I'm fairly sure he's not what we need and I think we might have just dodged a David Vaughan style bullet.
    I think Leigh Curtis has got it about right:

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    Casper Sloth leaves Notts County after failing to make a competitive appearance and just over a month after signing. Fear that might be his last serious chance of salvaging his career. One of football’s stranger tales.
    11:03 AM · Oct 6, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    How long before Sam follows him out of the door.
    I think Sam deserves a chance settle in, sharpen up and show what he can do. I’m reserving judgement for now.

He’s got height so could be used as a target man. Plus if he can control and bring the ball down out the air and make a pass and bring others into play they are two valuable attributes. Likewise if he can get up and head the ball could be useful on corners, set pieces and crosses into the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    How long before Sam follows him out of the door.
    Very quickly hopefully

It was a weird signing anyway, we didn't need another passer type midfielder and he was playing international football a few years ago and it's still only late 20's so was never going to be happy with the standard of non league. It was never going to work, he's probably like russ said seen the state on the league Saturday and thought **** this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast