+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Calm Down A Bit

Let's Calm Down A Bit

I'm absolutely furious at the capitulation of the last 2 games but in reality is it that unexpected?

We've lost possibly our 3 best leaders (in a squad not blessed with leaders) all at the same time.

The last 2 results have had nothing to do with tactics or IB but more the lack of leadership, guts and determination in the playing 11. Going through that starting 11 tonight, there is not 1 natural leader imo and it shows when the going gets tough.

Slocombe, Rawlinson and Cameron need to get fit asap before the season is a complete write off...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    I'm absolutely furious at the capitulation of the last 2 games but in reality is it that unexpected?

We've lost possibly our 3 best leaders (in a squad not blessed with leaders) all at the same time.

The last 2 results have had nothing to do with tactics or IB but more the lack of leadership, guts and determination in the playing 11. Going through that starting 11 tonight, there is not 1 natural leader imo and it shows when the going gets tough.

Slocombe, Rawlinson and Cameron need to get fit asap before the season is a complete write off...
    Yep! Terrible the last three games but you're on the money there.

Top-tier post.

10/10, well done... Obviously didn't say it better myself.

The owners also need to back their man now.

Not with young kids but some experience and quality which they tried to give NA last year with Ellis, Effiong etc.

The owners also need to back their man now.

Not with young kids but some experience and quality which they tried to give NA last year with Ellis, Effiong etc.

You absolute boss.

Nothing to do with IB or tactics? Why do we have him and them for if they don't influence outcomes? Wasn't it anything to do with the squad assembled either. Leadership is certainly an issue, at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Nothing to do with IB or tactics? Why do we have him and them for if they don't influence outcomes? Wasn't it anything to do with the squad assembled either. Leadership is certainly an issue, at all levels.
    The tactics for 70 minutes of both games worked well. The goals against Woking had nothing to do with tactics but desire and commitment to defend.

The tactics for 70 minutes of both games worked well. The goals against Woking had nothing to do with tactics but desire and commitment to defend.
    Maybe Carlton. But our tactics against 10 men in the games against Torquay and Halifax were rubbish for different reasons. This shows tactical naivety and poor coaching.

I'm absolutely furious at the capitulation of the last 2 games but in reality is it that unexpected.
    It was certainly unexpected from me. All clubs get injuries, and even though we got three at once are you honestly saying that you expected us to meekly roll over and be battered the way we were? We have a bigger squad than most and instant use of the loan system if we need it. These excuses for our continued failure are becoming increasingly pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It was certainly unexpected from me. All clubs get injuries, and even though we got three at once are you honestly saying that you expected us to meekly roll over and be battered the way we were? We have a bigger squad than most and instant use of the loan system if we need it. These excuses for our continued failure are becoming increasingly pathetic.
    Brindley, Lacey and Chiksen are hardly inexperienced neither, it’s not like we put 3 youth teamers straight in. Not an excuse IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast